Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old August 6th, 2007, 09:20 PM

(Lehigh County)
melD has a spectacular aura aboutmelD has a spectacular aura about
Default Where to buy silhouette targets from?

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but,

Where is a good place to buy silhouette targets from. My girlfriend likes to shoot these and I cannot seem to find them locally. Except at the gun show and I don't think there is one coming up soon.

Thanks
Mel

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old August 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Grand Member

Frenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Frenchy
Default Re: Where to buy silhouette targets from?

You can find B-27 at Dicks most times, you can also find them at Sportmans warehouse Mt Nebo. If you go south, Anthony's carries them all.
I usually buy mine on Ebay, dont know if they will remove those as well...

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Clint Eastwood
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Grand Member

(Adams County)
djturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond reputedjturnz has a reputation beyond repute

any online target site will have several types of Silhouettes. I like cardboard IPSC targets because if you use stickers over the holes they will last for at least 100 rounds. We also use the Photograph targets a lot at the action shoots at my club, but they don't stand up to too many holes.
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Xringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to assume that you are talking about paper silhouette targets, not metallic silhouette targets (which, by the way, are a lot of fun to shoot, you get to see and hear your results.)

Midway, Brownells, and Natchez Shooting Supplies all carry paper targets at reasonable prices.

Back to metallic, you can get then for .22 through large caliber to shoot at just about any distance you want.
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Banned

(Philadelphia County)
MarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to all

www.letargets.com

The last website you'll ever need for targets.
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM

Harford County (Orig Harrisburg, PA), Maryland
JasonB has a spectacular aura aboutJasonB has a spectacular aura about

I've been trying to find the metal ones that stand alone and get knocked over. All I can seem to find is the Birchwood casey type spinning metal targets.
Old August 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Grand Member

Frenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenchy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Frenchy

Go to the PAFOA shoot this sunday, find 27Hand and discretely ask what the Silhouette or falling target you like would cost to build.

Or pm him here, see if he is willing to build you some.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Clint Eastwood
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Old August 8th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Xringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond repute

Metallic Silhouette targets can be bought at the following sites:

www.metaltargets.com

www.raystargets.rgpservices.com/Ray1.html

Also, www.ihmsa.org has the drawings (outlines) and dimensions for making your own.

IIRC Rays Targets is a supplier for the official NRA targets, they are cast and if you destroy one he will replace it.
Old August 8th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Grand Member

(Delaware County)
vetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond reputevetter3006 has a reputation beyond repute

I buy mine from TJ Target,here is the link:
http://www.tjtarget.com/