Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old October 28th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Grand Member

(York County)
87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute
Default OC at state college

A friend of mine goes to Penn State & she posted to my facebook page that she saw someone there driving a truck like mine who reminded her of me.

I asked if he was packin heat too & she said, "lol idk, but the resemblance was scarey...so I would guess yes. I've seen a bunch of the locals carrying at the mall too which makes me think he may have been."

It gave me a warm fuzzy feeing to read that.

Those "locals" would have had to be either OC or printing pretty badly for her to notice. (she's a smart girl who owns a shotgun & does a little bird hunting, but she definately wouldn't pick out a decent CC'd gun at a mall full of shopping opportunities)

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old October 28th, 2009, 02:49 PM

(Centre County)
lexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond reputelexnaturalis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OC at state college

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
Those "locals" would have had to be either OC or printing pretty badly for her to notice. (she's a smart girl who owns a shotgun & does a little bird hunting, but she definately wouldn't pick out a decent CC'd gun at a mall full of shopping opportunities)
I've never seen anyone else carrying in State College. I'm glad someone else is seeing these people. I keep thinking I'm the only one.
Old October 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
TheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond repute

Naw! I am one of those evil people as well.

Had the run in w/ the police at Premiere 12 Theater.

Never leave home w/o it

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...e-page-17.html ("Detained" while OC'ing in State College)
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

(Clinton County)
t1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond reputet1m0thy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexnaturalis View Post
I've never seen anyone else carrying in State College. I'm glad someone else is seeing these people. I keep thinking I'm the only one.
We goto Wegman's to shop every once in a while on our way back from visiting family in Lock Haven. I also love to go up and hike in the Barrens. You are not alone
Old October 29th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Mity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mity2 Send a message via Yahoo to Mity2

I've seen OC'er here in SC only once at the gas station.
Noone paied any attention to him, other then i heard one guy say to his buddy "if I was gonna carry my gun openly, I'd get something little better then Hi-Point"

Guy was carrying one of these two tone Hi-Point..

I've spoke to one local PD officer(regarding some other gun issue) sometime ago, and he basicaly said that he, himself don't care, if your OC'ing, as long as your not sholdering loaded AK47, strollin' down on main drag on busy friday afternoon or something like that(yes, he knows that technicaly, thats not iligal, but he would prefer if everyone respect everyone's rights as well. You may feel that its your right to carry your weapon in open, but other's have their rights as well and that some people will take offence to that - legal or otherwise). But if someone call 911, making the complaint, he have to go investigate it.

Or something like that.

Last edited by Mity2; October 29th, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:25 PM

rmodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond reputermodel65 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
I've seen OC'er here in SC only once at the gas station.
Noone paied any attention to him, other then i heard one guy say to his buddy "if I was gonna carry my gun openly, I'd get something little better then Hi-Point"

Guy was carrying one of these two tone Hi-Point..

I've spoke to one local PD officer(regarding some other gun issue) sometime ago, and he basicaly said that he, himself don't care, if your OC'ing, as long as your not sholdering loaded AK47, strollin' down on main drag on busy friday afternoon or something like that(yes, he knows that technicaly, thats not iligal, but he would prefer if everyone respect everyone's rights as well. You may feel that its your right to carry your weapon in open, but other's have their rights as well and that some people will take offence to that - legal or otherwise). But if someone call 911, making the complaint, he have to go investigate it.

Or something like that.

what is this right to not be offended you speak of?
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
TheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond reputeTheF00L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what is this right to not be offended you speak of?
Yeah - Not aimed at your comment - BUT the Cop's - I have also been searching
for that right "not to be offended" but darn'it, I just can not seem to find it in writing anywhere.
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Grand Member

(Lehigh County)
General Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond reputeGeneral Geoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed with the above two posters, nobody has a right to not be offended. There's no law against carrying a loaded AK down main street on a Sunday afternoon. It might be tacky, but then so is an orange leisure suit.
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Delaware County)
lprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond reputelprgcFrank has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lprgcFrank Send a message via MSN to lprgcFrank Send a message via Yahoo to lprgcFrank Send a message via Skype™ to lprgcFrank

I've been working in State College since last Nov. I'm just up there during the week. I OC everywhere I go - never had any issues - One of my co-workers has started OC'ing as well :-)
Old October 29th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)

Quote:
I've been working in State College since last Nov. I'm just up there during the week. I OC everywhere I go - never had any issues - One of my co-workers has started OC'ing as well :-)
Welcome - Nice to know. Hope to see you around!