Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Carry at/to Great Wolf Lodge in Poconos?

Anyone have any experience with carrying a weapon to the Great Wolf Lodge? Any restrictions? Do the rooms at the lodge have safes?

Thanks in advance.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Carry at/to Great Wolf Lodge in Poconos?

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Anyone have any experience with carrying a weapon to the Great Wolf Lodge? Any restrictions? Do the rooms at the lodge have safes?

Thanks in advance.
    Awesome destination. Lots of fun for the kids. I had the family there in January and did not see any signs posted (as if that matters). The rooms have safes that seem fairly sturdy and they have a digital combo that you set yourself. I would not put my carry gun in one of the lockers near the swim area. They are not too secure and there are way too many people in and out of the locker rooms. So it stayed in the safe while we were in the swim area, and CC the rest of the time. Besides, it's a little tough carrying while floating on the lazy river.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rady8um View Post
    Awesome destination. Lots of fun for the kids. I had the family there in January and did not see any signs posted (as if that matters). The rooms have safes that seem fairly sturdy and they have a digital combo that you set yourself.
    Excellent... Thanks very much for the info! As long as there's a decent safe in the room, then I don't have to be unarmed on the drive there, which is my primary concern.

Good to hear the place has your seal of approval. We were trying to find something to do with the kids (I have 2, ages 6 and 3) for a few days, and it seemed a decent place; not too far a drive, lots of kid-oriented stuff, and a nice waterpark. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rady8um View Post
    I would not put my carry gun in one of the lockers near the swim area. They are not too secure and there are way too many people in and out of the locker rooms. So it stayed in the safe while we were in the swim area, and CC the rest of the time. Besides, it's a little tough carrying while floating on the lazy river.
    Yeah, I'm thinking all that chlorinated water probably isn't too good on my M&P's slide, even with the Melonite.
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

-John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    then I don't have to be unarmed on the drive there, which is my primary concern.

It should be. I wouldn't go to the Pocono's (AKA the Bronx) these days unarmed.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    It should be. I wouldn't go to the Pocono's (AKA the Bronx) these days unarmed.
    You ain't kidding!
    I go through there daily for my day job (it's my territory). It's a shame.

(Luzerne County)

I'm glad you asked because it looks like we are going for a couple days too this summer
    We got a pamphlet in the mail from GWL with a home school discount coupon in the mail only days before you posted your original Q.

(Lancaster County)

I would take something like the "secure it" and put gun in there before I put it in the safe. Sure if they get in safe they can steal the whole thing, but I still wonder if people don't have access to those safes and just check things out. So I would like to have it locked in something that conceal fact it is a firearm. Plus if you loose combo or for some other reason they have to drill the safe I would definitely want it in separate lock container.

http://www.aacfi.com/products/secureit.shtml

(Berks County)

Hey all,

Just got back on Friday from GWL and it was GREAT! It was a really nice place with lots of stuff to do. The rooms were clean, the waterpark was nice and had something for everyone from 2yrs old to adult, there were plenty of activities for the kids, night-time stories for the kids in the lobby, and an electronic scavenger hunt called MagiQuest (very Harry Potter influenced). All in all a great place for families with kids of all ages. Not to mention that the room safes are generously sized and can easily accommodate a carry piece, holster, ammo, etc.

As for the safety of the safes at GWL, there was a flier inside the safe which specifically stated that if you locked the safe and couldn't remember the combination, they would not be able to open it. They also mentioned potential charges to have the safe removed and sent to a locksmith to be opened, with no guarantee of the contents. So, my understanding was that the safes are relatively secure. I stowed my carry piece there during my stay, along with my wallet, and my wifes purse and jewelry, and we had not problems.
    -Charlton Heston

-John Quincy Adams

-Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Delaware County)

I know that this is an old thread but it needs to be updated. I was at Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos this weekend. They have a sign at the front door that forbids guns on their property. They further specify that EVEN those with PA LTCFs are not allowed to carry on their property.

They couldn't be more clear that gun owners and our money are not welcome there.

I'm not shocked. Most of the license plates were from NJ or NY....hardly bastions of 2A freedom.
    Crime is caused by the ready-availability of victims

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

A took my family there a few years back even though I didn't want to swim with the NY and NJ crowd in an over chlorinated pool.

I left my expensive Benchmade in a drawer in the hotel room and when I went to check out the next day it was gone!!!!!

I suspect our room was entered by staff. I can't prove that, but it makes the first knife I've "lost" in 38 years. I was pissed.
    With great power comes great responsibility....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast