Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old October 7th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Moderator Emeritus

(Luzerne County)
Pa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Pa. Patriot
Unhappy Sad news. Meleanie Hain [shefearsnothing] was killed tonight

I don't quite know how to do this best, but I'm afraid I have some very bad news that you all need to know. I'm so sorry but I feel it best to do it promptly and accurately.

Our friend and fellow PAFOA member Meleanie was killed tonight as was her husband Scott.

Not many details yet. Apparent murder/suicide.
http://www.ldnews.com/ci_13506791

Oh man, not sure what to say yet.

I sure hope the kids were not involved/harmed/witnesses.

Quote:
danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
Remember Meleanie

Last edited by Pa. Patriot; October 8th, 2009 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old October 7th, 2009, 10:16 PM

(Cumberland County)
yellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond reputeyellow-x has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sad news. Meleanie Hain [shefearsnothing] was killed tonight

Just saw that...Wow is all that I can say. Prayers go out for her family and children.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Grand Member

(Northampton County)
Warpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond reputeWarpt762x39 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus. I don't know what to say.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:18 PM

(Philadelphia County)
spyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond reputespyro825 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spyro825 Send a message via Yahoo to spyro825

R.I.P Meleanie

didnt really know you all that well but i hope your kids are alright.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Philbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this sucks.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Moderator Emeritus

(Luzerne County)
Pa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Pa. Patriot

More info as found on another forum: (I can not vouch for it's validity)
Quote:
Just got a call from a family member who lives down the street from this lady and her family-- informed me that there is currently a domestic violence issue, involving the husband

The details are not clear, but it appears she may have allegedly been shot and killed by her hubby who is in a standoff with the police , and her children are still in the home with him..again speculation as this info is just coming in.

Several shots were heard by neighbors who called the incident in and several blocks are shut down as the police try to determine who has been injured, some reports are suggesting she was shot as many as five times and again the primary concern are her children in the house

The police are swarming all over the place and trying to get the kids out.
Such a tragic story,if indeed she had been killed , and prayers sure need to go out here for all involved.

This story is obviously going to be breaking in the news over the days to come as it involved guns. As I said, no immediate details are available, and will have to wait for the news later..I have no tv so I am relying upon personal friends to keep me up on them as the story develops.

Quote:
danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
Remember Meleanie
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:25 PM

(Bucks County)
theo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond reputetheo has a reputation beyond repute

Thats crazy. I am praying for her kids.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Grand Member

FNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond reputeFNG19 has a reputation beyond repute

What a tragedy. I feel so badly for both of their families, but particularly for Scott and Meleanie's kids.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
LittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond repute

what a tragedy.

rest in peace meleanie.
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:28 PM

(Montgomery County)
GTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond reputeGTI19403 has a reputation beyond repute

wow this is just sad