Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:14 PM

(Westmoreland County)
poseidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud ofposeidon5 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Check out gun prices from 1960 (WOW)

:-( i want a 1911 for $37

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)
1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought several 1911's for 40 to 45 dollars , that was long ago though . My first rifle cost 13 dollars brand new .
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM

(Montgomery County)
TinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond reputeTinGLOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Makes me want to cry. Then again, inflation is a strange thing.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Grand Member

(Westmoreland County)
eXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond repute

The minimum wage was also $1.00 an hour.

However adjusted for inflation that 1911 would cost nearly $300 in today's dollars. So guns have gotten more expensive, even when adjusted for inflation.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
Banned

dc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, funny you should post this. I bought a really nice machine gun catalog (thought it was a book) from 1974 at the flea market on Sunday. I'm going to post pics and the prices from it here fairly soon ... how about an Uzi (fully auto) for $89 ... stay tuned, when I get the chance I will get the post up.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
Banned

dc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond reputedc dalton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaa Player View Post
Lets call the number and demand they make good on that add(LOL)
Just wait until you see this thing! As I said I bought it at the flea market Sunday just cause it said "machine guns" on the cover and it looked old. When i looked through it it has these great hand drawn images of each gun with a very detailed description .. honestly I thought it was a reference guide until I looked at the back page and saw the price list!

I started looking through the prices and kept saying OMFG. Now granted this was published when I was still in high school but being the 'capitalist pig' that I am I couldn't help but think "Man all I had to do was invest $5,000 back then and I would be sitting on a HUGE pile of money right now"

Here's another teaser ... how about a fully auto Mac 10 in 9mm or 45 for $138, brand new in the box

Can you tell my tongue is on the floor WISHING I was 'into guns' when I was 18 ... and ONLY because of the toys I could own right now and the money I could be making! (yeah a blood thirsty capitalist PIG)
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM

(Chester County)
64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute64Jeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
Just wait until you see this thing!
We're waiting.......................
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
We're waiting.......................
Patience, Patience, Patience

Seriously, need to find the time to take some pics and make the thread ... be one 'wild and week business wise (not that I am complaining), don't have any extra time right now
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
Grand Member

fingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond reputefingers80002 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
Patience, Patience, Patience

Seriously, need to find the time to take some pics and make the thread ... be one 'wild and week business wise (not that I am complaining), don't have any extra time right now
Finally some good news from your front!!!!!!
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Grand Member

(York County)
87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute87th PVI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by poseidon5 View Post
:-( i want a 1911 for $37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinGLOCK View Post
Makes me want to cry. Then again, inflation is a strange thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
The minimum wage was also $1.00 an hour.

However adjusted for inflation that 1911 would cost nearly $300 in today's dollars. So guns have gotten more expensive, even when adjusted for inflation.
from http://www.westegg.com/inflation/
What cost $36.75 in 1960 would cost $264.31 in 2008.