Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old September 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
MTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
A few years ago I would have really liked to have a list of women with implants. Heck, if I wasn't married, I'd still want it.
Why? I'd rather get a list of women and "test" them myself!

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM

(Delaware County)
Helter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond reputeHelter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
Why? I'd rather get a list of women and "test" them myself!
trust, but verify...
Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)
1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Revelation 13:16-17

People will laugh, call this stuff fairy tales, and poke fun at us, but it sure sounds like the apostle John had an idea of RFID chips almost 2000 years ago, and expressed it in terms familiar to him.

I do not name Obama the Antichrist, and I do not say that his nefarious plan with these things is the fulfillment of the above prophecy. But as Joe has mentioned, I only observe that RFID technology certainly has the capability to be used in this manner. We already have people in this thread saying how convenient it would be to have all our info on a chip implanted in our body. And yes, it would be convenient - until the wrong people decide how they want to use it.

Just think how the state could control you if all that was known about you - credit history, criminal record, health history, licenses, bank balance, etc, was all put on that little chip. Anyone who scoffs at the idea is foolish. Regardless of what you think about the Bible and its prophecies, you can see this coming as a bad thing. Wait till they put GPS on one so they know where you are all the time. Think the government would like that capability? You bet they would. How would you run from them then?
Times are getting interesting no doubt . Look up , your redemption is nigh .
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Grand Member

(Westmoreland County)
eXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond reputeeXceLon has a reputation beyond repute

Reading in a bit more detail, this seems to be for facilitating safety recalls and such.

The last thing you want when your implanted medical device is affected by a recall, is to have the recall be a press release on the manufacturers website that you're never going to read. It probably does make sense to know where those defective devices are, and notify those affected as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH View Post
And that is a big part of the problem. Real universal health care could be spelled out in less than 250 pages. The fact that it's over 1,000 pages of gobbledygook means it is de facto trash, and should be treated as such.
I very much doubt that it could be. It's a complicated issue, and a complicated system, and any comprehensive about it is going to be necessarily long and complicated.

I support computer systems at work where the reference manual is bigger than this bill... and still woefully incomplete. And it's not a very complicated system.

On a related note, it's unfortunate that most of the debate around healthcare reform seems to be about things that were never in the bill in the first place. It really distracts us from real work when we're spending most of our time talking about things that were either flat out made up by pundits, or from misinterpretations from people who really aren't the best types to be trying to interpret legislation.

Call that elitist if you like. I see it as no different than people who know nothing about guns tossing around terms like "assault rifle" and "armor piercing", who have no idea what they're talking about, attempting to shape gun law. It's just a terrible idea.

Last edited by eXceLon; September 3rd, 2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:17 PM

BSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond reputeBSH has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's really not that complicated - or at least it doesn't have to be to be effective. List what's covered and what's not. Provide for ongoing rate studies to determine what the market (the doctors providing the service) requires for fees. Spell out limits on coverage and liability. You probably have a health insurance book outlining your coverage; it would look much like that.

Why would it need to be complicated? That stuff about social engineering in the health care bill (like social services visiting parents to check up on them) doesn't need to be there. That stuff about "death panels" (a sad misrepresentation) doesn't belong there - let doctors make case-by-case decisions about medically appropriate treatment.

Actually, the entire debate provides reason enough to get the Federal government OUT of the issue altogether. Let the states do it, as they ought anyway. If health care sucks in Kentucky, people can (and will) move to Kansas. Can anybody explain why the states aren't handling this?
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Grand Member

(Lehigh County)
Morel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
Times are getting interesting no doubt . Look up , your redemption is nigh .

I love when people scream it's the end times.. Since it says that they will come when nobody expects it.

So as long as end of the world people are screaming, I feel safe to know that the 2nd coming isn't going to be happening anytime soon..
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:41 AM

Halftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond reputeHalftrack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
When are you without it?
Mine is sitting on my desk right now, and I don't plan to take it with me when I leave the house today. That's the case many days for me. It's not a willful paranoia; I simply don't need to be that accessible every minute of the day.

RFID? It can be slipped into a syringe and injected without one's knowledge very easily. No consent required if that's what they want. The next vaccination is just around the corner. RFID is contained in the threads of some clothing to track shoplifters. They say it's disabled when it leaves the store.

And I'm not even wearing a tin foil hat.

Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. We won't be able to stop it or even slow it down by getting in the way. His plan is in place and it's ticking away.

Personally, if one believes prophecy, I think taking the mark will be completely voluntary. Otherwise, where's the choice to serve the beast or not?

Is Big O the anti-christ? Who knows? If he survives a fatal wounding, we should really start looking at it a little harder. No, I DO NOT advocate harming the man, so don't get all up in arms about it.
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

PennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond reputePennsyPlinker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
I love when people scream it's the end times.. Since it says that they will come when nobody expects it.

So as long as end of the world people are screaming, I feel safe to know that the 2nd coming isn't going to be happening anytime soon..
I don't see anyone screaming - just a few of us making observations. I guess you think other people exercising their First Amendment rights is screaming, huh?
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
MTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halftrack View Post
Mine is sitting on my desk right now, and I don't plan to take it with me when I leave the house today. That's the case many days for me. It's not a willful paranoia; I simply don't need to be that accessible every minute of the day.

RFID? It can be slipped into a syringe and injected without one's knowledge very easily. No consent required if that's what they want. The next vaccination is just around the corner. RFID is contained in the threads of some clothing to track shoplifters. They say it's disabled when it leaves the store.

And I'm not even wearing a tin foil hat.

Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. We won't be able to stop it or even slow it down by getting in the way. His plan is in place and it's ticking away.

Personally, if one believes prophecy, I think taking the mark will be completely voluntary. Otherwise, where's the choice to serve the beast or not?

Is Big O the anti-christ? Who knows? If he survives a fatal wounding, we should really start looking at it a little harder. No, I DO NOT advocate harming the man, so don't get all up in arms about it.
Do you have links for these micro-rfid that can be injected without you knowing, and are as thin as a thread? I've looked into RFID a few times for work, and most tags are still at least the size of a dime. The implantable chips are pretty thick, they can't be snuck into a flu shot. At least what I last saw.
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Grand Member

(Lehigh County)
Morel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond reputeMorel42 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
I don't see anyone screaming - just a few of us making observations. I guess you think other people exercising their First Amendment rights is screaming, huh?
Oy Vey..