Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hight point c-9

Angry Hight point c-9

Just wanted to say that the high point pistol c9 I bought is a peice of crap and i would never buy another high point nothig, the first one would fire but just put a dent in the bullet, the dealer gave me a new one ,same thing,I called the company they sent me a new firing pin and spring, now the bullets lay flat in the clip and wont go in the gun properly, I guess it's true what they say, you get waht you pay for, if the price is cheap so is the gun in my case,I wanted to buy more of thier guns, but the trouble I've had with mine,I spend more time trying to get it to work, than I get to shoot. If it was free I wouldn't drive across town to pick it up. I even talked my friend into buying one and we both have the same problems,he had to send his back to the company, good thing he's a good friend or I would have wasted our money and lost a good friend in the process, I still have my friend and I can make more money, But IT WON"T BE SPENT ON ANY HIGH POINT PRODUCTS! thanks for listing....don't waste your money.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Hight point c-9

here we go again. You taught yourself a lesson. Cheap doesn't neccesarily mean it's junk. I paid $400 for my firestorm 1911 and It has been perfect with about 600 rounds through it. Then again some people don't think $400 is cheap. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    Crazy people will always find ways to do their crazy.

(Lycoming County)

i've got a c-9 and have not had a single problem with her. oh except the low cap mag.

(York County)

I agree with autotech, i paid $325 for my Ruger P95's and both of them have yet to have any failures whatsoever. One of them has over 3000 rounds through it.

Just because a gun is cheap (price wise) doesnt always mean its junk. But in High Point's case, i think its 98% true. Its like winning the lottery to get a high point that functions flawlessly for an extended period of time.
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

(Centre County)

Cheap or not, I refuse to own a firearm that looks like a Japanese cap gun from the 1960s.

(Schuylkill County)

My brother-in-law has a highpoint c-9 and the thing is garbage. He hates it, but he got it cheap awhile back. Might as well spend a couple more and get a good pistol (as some have stated, there are good pistols for just as cheap too)
    III%

(York County)

Sorry to hear about your Highpoint problems and I understand your frustration but take a look at the posts on this fourm of people who had issues with $1000 and up handguns. If I had the same problems as you are having I know I would not buy another one of that brand either even though I know there are people who love their Highpoints.

I remember when the 97 Volkswagon Jetta hit the showroom floor, I just had to have it, turned out to be one of the worst if not THE worst car I ever owned. Now I know that there are Jetta owners out there who love their car and to be honest I think Volkswagon makes some of the more stylish looking cars on the road but you can bet you will never see one in my driveway again.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Last edited by Steeltown; September 1st, 2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    Just wanted to say that the high point pistol c9 I bought is a peice of crap
    Sorry to hear about that. If you are on a budget allow me to make a couple suggestions on an alternative "cheap" but "good" pistol:

1. Sig Sauer P6- Used german police version of the 225. 9mm, compact. Look around for them. I paid $250 for mine. Now the price is more likely to be $300+ but not much more. If you can't find one elsewhere, J&G Sales has them in stock for $345.

2. S&W "classic" autos based on the model 39 design. I've seen used ones in 9mm or .40 S&W for sale as police trade-ins for about $300-350.

A rough guide to the endless different model numbers is here:
    http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg01-e.htm

3. Used Glock police trade-ins as low as $350.

4. CZ 82 in 9mm Makarov or other Makarov or Tokerev style pistols. As low as $150-200

5. Used S&W revolvers, especially police trade-in types as low as $200

Check out websites like Bud's Guns, Century Arms, J&G, and Centerfire Systems to get an idea of what prices to look for. You might be able to find something for a similar price locally at a gunshow and avoid shipping and transfer fees. Also look up similar guns on Gunbroker or AuctionArms.

You never know what kind of deal you'll find. IMHO, I'd take any of these used guns if I needed a cheap but reliable pistol.
    Last edited by panther76; September 1st, 2009 at 06:29 PM.

(Monroe County)

They work for alot of people, and don't work for alot of others.

The fact that i see more people posting about bad experiences, than people acting like fan boys, especially on a dirt cheap firearm, makes me think bad thoughts about high point.

I don't know how to be any more objective that that, without trying to come across as someone bashing a product who hasn't had any experience with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Berks County)

You have one post. Are from Mississippi, in a PA forum. And you are claiming they sent you new parts when they will cover the parts and labor for free if you send them the gun. Before they send the gun back they always test them.

Something is not right.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast