Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old July 29th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
Dredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Round 2 Doe Permits!

Quote:
Monday, Aug. 3: If antlerless deer licenses are still available, County Treasurers accept antlerless deer license applications from residents and nonresidents for unsold tags (Mail Only first round, one unsold tag per applicant). For WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D only, applicants may apply for an unlimited number of unsold tags, by mail only, limit of three applications per envelope.
Its coming up soon, get those permits sent in on Saturday! I strongly suggest physically taking them to the post office or mail it in on Friday from home to get it there... one day could make the difference between an extra deer in the freezer or lots of trips to the grocery store!

Here is the current list of which is available:

https://www1.pa.wildlifelicense.com/deeravail.php

I would check the following on Friday before you fill out your envelope to send in, all these sites have less then 10k remaining:

1B
2E
3A
3C
4A
4B
4D

2F and 2G are sold out! DO NOT send in a request for these sites. Personally if it were me I'd mail my permit out to another WMU to get it processed... who knows how many people will still be around to process your request if they are already sold out.
The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old July 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM

(Huntingdon County)
bigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond reputebigdog02 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Round 2 Doe Permits!

I got my fingers crossed for some left in 4A, maybe 4B
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM

(Cambria County)
buster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond reputebuster has a reputation beyond repute

I was at the Cambria County courthouse on Monday for jury selection. The treasurer office had a sign indicating that doe license applications HAD to be mailed.
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
Dredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
I was at the Cambria County courthouse on Monday for jury selection. The treasurer office had a sign indicating that doe license applications HAD to be mailed.
Yup, this is state wide, no hand deliveries are accepted until AFTER the second round sells out
The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.
Old August 1st, 2009, 08:33 AM

(Fayette County)
Coop650 is a glorious beacon of lightCoop650 is a glorious beacon of lightCoop650 is a glorious beacon of lightCoop650 is a glorious beacon of lightCoop650 is a glorious beacon of lightCoop650 is a glorious beacon of light

I am not getting any "bonus" tags this year. I didn't see enough deer last season in my area to warrant extra tags.
Old August 1st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to 27hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop650 View Post
I am not getting any "bonus" tags this year. I didn't see enough deer last season in my area to warrant extra tags.
Based on Murphy's Law, this will be the year they will swarm around you. .

27goodluckhand

The number sold in 2B CANNOT be accurate.

Last edited by 27hand; August 1st, 2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old August 1st, 2009, 09:32 AM

(Allegheny County)
NP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond reputeNP1724 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
Based on Murphy's Law, this will be the year they will swarm around you. .

27goodluckhand

The number sold in 2B CANNOT be accurate.
Maybe everyone else is doing what I am doing in 2B, and that is waiting until over the counter sales because I know there will be some available. I'm just mailing other areas I intend to hunt before hand.
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:26 AM

(Chester County)
Poonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop650 View Post
I didn't see many deer last season either, but I still send for my permits. I always hunt the early muzzleloader season so need to have at least one doe permit in hand before the season starts.....
Old August 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM

(Mercer County)
PaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond reputePaGunNut has a reputation beyond repute

Droped mine off at the Mercer post Office for 1A. Always get my bonus for 1A and usually get a deer if I need one. We've been getting some great trail cam shots of some great bucks. Can't wait!
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:39 PM
Grand Member

(Lancaster County)
riverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to riverpirate

never got my first one . never cashed the check , never got issue a tag. oh well , guess ill try again.