Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading 1,000-Page Health Care Bill

HUH ??? This is what we have in Government today...Just WOW !!!

Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading 1,000-Page Health Care Bill

CNSNews.com
    Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading 1,000-Page Health Care Bill--Unless They Have 2 Lawyers to Interpret It for Them
    Monday, July 27, 2009
    By Nicholas Ballasy, Video Reporter

(CNSNews.com) - During his speech at a National Press Club luncheon, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Democratic Congressman John Conyers (D-Mich.), questioned the point of lawmakers reading the health care bill.

“I love these members, they get up and say, ‘Read the bill,’” said Conyers.

“What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?”

(Adams County)

Default Re: Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading 1,000-Page Health Care Bill

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    “What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?”
    IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT, THEN DO NOT SIGN THE FLIPPING THING!!!!!

I swear, these people wouldn't know a clue if someone chained it to their call-girls cooch and had to unlock it with the key of common sense.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Berks County)

Default Re: Conyers Sees No Point in Members Reading 1,000-Page Health Care Bill

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post

I swear, these people wouldn't know a clue if someone chained it to their call-girls cooch and had to unlock it with the key of common sense.

camper
    Maybe we should carve it into a clue by four and beat it into them.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Berks County)

By his opinion, I should not only be granted one, but two degrees in law, and have an honorary pass on the Bar exam. I'm a flippin grease monkey from SE Pennsylvania, and i can read and understand the damn thing in my free time. We pay these hacks to read these things for a living, and they cant even be bothered.

I need to run for office. My campaign slogan will be "Hey, I'll at least read a law before I sign it!". Vote for me.

This post brought to you by Friends of Flippin Grease Monkey Highrise for Office.

(Philadelphia County)

Got a couple issues.

1. The idiot has a J.D. He is a lawyer - or at least has a degree in law. He should be able to figure it out
    2. What happened to Barry's 'transparency', giving - what was it - a week? - to read a bill before voting for it? He should have more than 'two days'.
    3. Do we really think Conyers' vote is going to change if he reads it?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post
    By his opinion, I should not only be granted one, but two degrees in law, and have an honorary pass on the Bar exam. I'm a flippin grease monkey from SE Pennsylvania, and i can read and understand the damn thing in my free time. We pay these hacks to read these things for a living, and they cant even be bothered.

I need to run for office. My campaign slogan will be "Hey, I'll at least read a law before I sign it!". Vote for me.

This post brought to you by Friends of Flippin Grease Monkey Highrise for Office.
    You got my vote
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post

camper
    Can we send this to every representative in DC and PA? This should be glued to the desks in front of every member of Congress. And hung right below the American flag so everyone can see clearly.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    [*]Do we really think Conyers' vote is going to change if he reads it?[/LIST]
    You beat me to it.
    Doesn't matter if he has an army of lawyers holding his hand and putting it into nice little words for him, the end result will be the same.