Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old July 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM

Doug Korlowicz is on a distinguished road
Default Ar 15 A3 Adjustable rear sight seems loose??

Hey Guys bought a new Colt Ar15 A3 It has the removable carryhandle with adjustable rear sight,the rear sight seems loose(moves side to side) Is this normal or should it be solid?Any Help or suggestions.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old July 26th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Grand Member

(York County)
YBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond reputeYBNORMAL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ar 15 A3 Adjustable rear sight seems loose??

of course its loose......its a colt......he he, im not an expert but i think i remember noticing the same thing your describing and wondering the same thing.
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM

(Blair County)
SteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond repute

Does it move from side-to-side or rotate around the elevation screw? If itís the rotation thing:

http://www272.pair.com/stevewag/arsight/arsight.html

See the link.

Steve
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:30 PM

Doug Korlowicz is on a distinguished road

Thanks Steve Thats exactly what it was.Thank you for the info!!!!!
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:45 PM

(Blair County)
fattycake1911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Korlowicz View Post
Hey Guys bought a new Colt Ar15 A3 It has the removable carryhandle with adjustable rear sight,the rear sight seems loose(moves side to side) Is this normal or should it be solid?Any Help or suggestions.
Id liketo Identify before i say anything. I am a 45B-Small arms/ Towed artillery repairman in the US Army. I have 4 years and 2 deployments worth of weapons repair experience. The M16 series comes into my shop alot and the AR15 and M16 are the same. Theres no way to keep the sight steady. If its moving excessivly just buy a new rear sight. all the holds it in is a pin and the Windage knob. on the m16 there is a Spring and a bearing that pushes againts the Upper receiver to make it a tight fit. My M16 is solid and fires everytime accuartely. Now i will ask does your rifle fire accurately? If it does then i wouldnt worry about the side to side movement. This is just what i have to offer.
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
d90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond repute

I have even a better idea, take the carry handle off and replace it with a proper BUIS. LMT makes one that offer both adjustments or you could just get a flip up set...

The LMT looks like this... on the rifle I use this set up with a Micro T1 it gives you a lower 3rd co-witness. If you look at the rifle on the far left in the second pic you will see it on my 5.56 MRP

Just the BUIS
http://www.lewismachine.net/product....8bf751c9bf1e4a
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
d90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond reputed90king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattycake1911 View Post
Now i will ask does your rifle fire accurately? If it does then i wouldnt worry about the side to side movement. This is just what i have to offer.
Best statement out of the bunch.^^^^ Thank you for your service and sacrifice for your Country.
Old August 19th, 2009, 01:04 AM

(Blair County)
fattycake1911 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Your welcome. I like to do what i can. And i need contact with my fellow Pennsylvanians. i miss home so much so this website is a real comfort to me but i thought there was a Chat room attatched to it. Can anyone fill me in on that?