Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old July 15th, 2009, 11:04 AM

(Philadelphia County)
vmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud of
Default SE PA Deer Processing

before I go a buy a doe tag, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place in SE PA to get a deer processed.

Planning on shotgun hunting in White Clay or Evansburg (I've seen tons of does while out hiking). Hunted squirrels and rabbits last year (which are easy to process in my kitchen), and finally got a freezer big enough to put a couple deer in. Problem with having a condo in Philly is there's no place to clean a deer. I thought about hanging it up from one of the trees on the street but I don't think it would go over too well (my Dad thinks it's hilarious I'm going to get a deer processed...growing up in the Appalachian Mts in VA we used to make fun of the people that didn't butcher the meat themselves...and here I am)

Thanks!

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old July 15th, 2009, 03:39 PM

(Bucks County)
wis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond reputewis bang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SE PA Deer Processing

I know there is a guy in Pt. Plesant & there is Frigid Freeze in Riegelsville...

Going down Rt 1 SB towards the neshaminy mall there is a small sign on a pole for a guy too but I don't know of anyone who used him but the sign has been there for years; more than the 8 years we drove that way everytime we went to Gettysburg...there has to be others around Phila...
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:17 PM

(Bucks County)
Pacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond reputePacer has a reputation beyond repute

Bill, the guy BEHIND Nesaminy High school, has a "drop off freeZer" and does a good job de-boning and "professional" packing of the cuts. Some prepped stuff (like the best venizOn Lebanon balogna I've found) AND will do "hunters for the harvest" butchering.

My Place Smoked Meats in point pleasont (ferry road) has a skinning station, but you take it off the bone yourself for them to smoke. I use, and recommend BOTH. There is also a guy around the corner from Langhorne Rod and Gun who will take it off the bone and grind for you.

Sucks to live in a residential area.

B
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:23 PM
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Delaware County)
Feddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond reputeFeddog82 has a reputation beyond repute

Down here in Delco I go to Stuff It Taxidermy and Venison Processing. Bill is a very cool guy and his staff is top notch. They have great packaging and their cuts are nice. Bill also does some processing and sends out for specialties. (Great taxidermy work too!) There are two locations but I have only dealt with the Aston Location which is Bill's home.

Aston
360 Lenni Rd
Aston, PA 19014
610-558-3508
Open 10am-10pm
Drop off anytime

Glenolden
6 North Chester Pike
Glenolden, PA 19036
610-733-7509
(Formerly Dean Bozman's)
Open 10am to 9pm
Drop off during operating hours

Guaranteed to get your own deer back, no shared processing so you know it's yours. They do have a great turn around time too, sometimes you get your stuff back then next day.
Old July 16th, 2009, 08:17 AM

(Philadelphia County)
vmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud ofvmiwoulfe has much to be proud of

thanks everyone. Looks like I'll try to bag a couple does this year and fill the freezer!
Old September 30th, 2009, 08:46 AM

(Philadelphia County)
ninebrats is on a distinguished road

Would you know the address of the butcher behind the school?The butcher I use to go to here in Philly recently passed away
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:42 AM

(Bucks County)
BRIANT is a jewel in the roughBRIANT is a jewel in the roughBRIANT is a jewel in the roughBRIANT is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninebrats View Post
Would you know the address of the butcher behind the school?The butcher I use to go to here in Philly recently passed away
I don't have his address but here's his # 215 757 9798. I believe his name is Bill. The walk in is a nice feature, you can drop deer off at any time, fill out a form (in the freezer), and he'll call when done. Since I vacuum pack the meat myself, I just have him "bulk pack" it. It saves some money.
Old September 30th, 2009, 04:12 PM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Allegheny County)
offshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond reputeoffshorebear has a reputation beyond repute

I used the place in Aston. They rushed my deer for me for free because I had to get back to school in Pittsburgh. If I get a deer out east again it will go there for sure.
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM

(Philadelphia County)
ninebrats is on a distinguished road

Thanks Bryant.Is he on Old Lincoln Highway?

Last edited by ninebrats; September 30th, 2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:47 AM

(Bucks County)
BRIANT is a jewel in the roughBRIANT is a jewel in the roughBRIANT is a jewel in the roughBRIANT is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninebrats View Post
Thanks Bryant.Is he on Old Lincoln Highway?
He's at 2139 Old Lincoln Highway, Langhorne, PA 19047

He's listed here on the PGC site: http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...a=460&q=160457