Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Where to get fingerprinted in Pa?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBlack View Post
    I tried to get this done today. I live in Delaware County and went to the local Sheriff office in media (I was going there anyway to get my PA permit replaced). They told me that they didnt do finger prints and to try the state police. I havent given them a try yet. I currently hold a PA permit and looking to get a Florida one so I can carry in Delaware.

I did this a year or so ago, Upper Darby police and Media PSP will only print for employment reasons, the DELCO sheriff not at all. I ended up using the Chester County Sheriff (in West Chester), as mentioned earlier in this thread, they were happy to do it, even knowing what it was for, my Utah CWP.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    They turned me away in Sept too....I didn't get the "scam" excuse...but they said they dont do out of state weapons permits...
    But do they do it for out of state weapons licenses????

(Lancaster County)

I got told today some UPS Stores do them...I have to get mine done and they told me the UPS store near me does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    I got told today some UPS Stores do them...I have to get mine done and they told me the UPS store near me does it.
    But if it's for a FL license....FL requires it be done by an LEO agency.

(Montgomery County)

The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBlack View Post
    I tried to get this done today. I live in Delaware County and went to the local Sheriff office in media (I was going there anyway to get my PA permit replaced). They told me that they didnt do finger prints and to try the state police. I havent given them a try yet. I currently hold a PA permit and looking to get a Florida one so I can carry in Delaware.
    The Sheriff's office told me to go to the PSP. I tried the PSP barracks in on Rte 1. They would not do it unless it was for a job requirement. The PSP told me to go to the Upper Darby police. The UD police told me they couldn't do it.

I had to make an appointment with the Chief of Police, explain what I wanted. They charged me 20 bucks. At this point, I was glad to pay the price just to end the ordeal.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I did this a year or so ago, Upper Darby police and Media PSP will only print for employment reasons, the DELCO sheriff not at all. I ended up using the Chester County Sheriff (in West Chester), as mentioned earlier in this thread, they were happy to do it, even knowing what it was for, my Utah CWP.

Quote Originally Posted by reels18 View Post
    The Sheriff's office told me to go to the PSP. I tried the PSP barracks in on Rte 1. They would not do it unless it was for a job requirement. The PSP told me to go to the Upper Darby police. The UD police told me they couldn't do it.

I had to make an appointment with the Chief of Police, explain what I wanted. They charged me 20 bucks. At this point, I was glad to pay the price just to end the ordeal.

Pretty much the same experience I had.

(Delaware County)

Getting printed is one of the biggest hassles in the process in SE PA. Places that say they'll do it act totally different when they find out its not for employment purposes. There are three groups:
    1-Those that do it.
    2-Those that will sometimes do it if you know someone or pester them.
    3-Those that will flat out refuse(DELCO Sheriff).
    Tim

(Allegheny County)

My local PD does it for residents regardless of what for. The only problem is they use (or used to) blue cards for juveniles.
    I asked why. They said they never had a problem using juv. cards. Utah kicked it back. I then had the VA hospital police do it and I dicked up the card by using the wrong colored ink.
    I finally went to the Washington, Pa.State Police barracks who did them electronically. I'm pretty sure they ran me and 2 officers asked "why Utah" to which I responded "Ohio".

The officer who did mine asked if I worked construction because he had a hell of a time due to how rough my hands were.

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    The officer who did mine asked if I worked construction because he had a hell of a time due to how rough my hands were.

A tip a PSP Trooper told me who does prints all the time...is to rub hand lotion into your finger tips like 45 minutes before the prints are taken and keep them moist with the lotion. That will raise the ridges for a better print

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast