Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Berks County)
BerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BerksCountyDave
Default AR-15 barrel cutting/rethreading?

I'd like to have the barrel on my AR cut, rethreaded, and then have a Noveske KX3 flash supressor permanently attached to give me a 16" overall barrel length without dealing with the NFA bullshit.

Who do you all recommend to do the work for me?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
mojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond reputemojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AR-15 barrel cutting/rethreading?

Why not contact PA Patriot? He is gong to be permanently attaching a FH to my M92 when he builds it. Now I just need to get it back from they that was suppose to blue it like 2 weeks ago, so I can send it to PA Patriot. The wait is killing me.
WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF
Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Legion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.adcofirearms.com/
Adco should take care of you. Heard nothing but good things about them.
Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Berks County)
BerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond reputeBerksCountyDave has a reputation beyond repute

While we're on the topic. . this is what I plan on doing. My current setup is an 18" barrel with a midlength gas system and carbine buffer/spring (in a UBR stock). I plan on having the barrel cut to 13.7" and having a Noveske KX3 perm. attached. Will the 13.7" barrel run reliably with a middy gas system?
Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
Guns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
While we're on the topic. . this is what I plan on doing. My current setup is an 18" barrel with a midlength gas system and carbine buffer/spring (in a UBR stock). I plan on having the barrel cut to 13.7" and having a Noveske KX3 perm. attached. Will the 13.7" barrel run reliably with a middy gas system?
Dave, i'm no expert and i do not own one - but from all my reading on the subject (over a year ago) your set up should run fine.

The idea behind the kx3 is that it helps shorter barreled guns run. The idea is that on a 7.5" or 10.5" barrel, it helps the gun cycle better. So, assume you have a 10.5" barrel with a carbine gas system. You only have 3" after the barrels gas port. On a middy, with the 13.7" barrel, you have roughly 4" after the gas port. So, the addition of the kx3 will help the middy run / cycle better too.

I'd send the barrel to ADCO to have the work done. They are great to work with.

Are you aware that the kx3 adds 8oz to the end of your gun? That is a lot of weight.
Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Legion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond repute

The KX3 is the Krink right?
Your main concern is going to be the gas pulse, with such a short distance between the gas port and the crown it may need a larger gas port otherwise it's going to short stroke. The Krink is made to help increase back pressure is the SBR Krinkov so that may help. I would recommend that you send it to someone who knows the AR platform who will have a good idea of what the gas system will need to function. They may need to open up the gas port a bit to get a strong enough pulse and you don't want Jethro diggin around in there with his drill.
Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Berks County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
Dave, i'm no expert and i do not own one - but from all my reading on the subject (over a year ago) your set up should run fine.

The idea behind the kx3 is that it helps shorter barreled guns run. The idea is that on a 7.5" or 10.5" barrel, it helps the gun cycle better. So, assume you have a 10.5" barrel with a carbine gas system. You only have 3" after the barrels gas port. On a middy, with the 13.7" barrel, you have roughly 4" after the gas port. So, the addition of the kx3 will help the middy run / cycle better too.

I'd send the barrel to ADCO to have the work done. They are great to work with.

Are you aware that the kx3 adds 8oz to the end of your gun? That is a lot of weight.
Yep and that's part of the reason I'm going with the KX3. I don't mind weight, but I want the gun to balance well. I run a UBR stock, so the gun would likely be back heavy with a light flash hider.
Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Berks County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
The KX3 is the Krink right?
Your main concern is going to be the gas pulse, with such a short distance between the gas port and the crown it may need a larger gas port otherwise it's going to short stroke. The Krink is made to help increase back pressure is the SBR Krinkov so that may help. I would recommend that you send it to someone who knows the AR platform who will have a good idea of what the gas system will need to function. They may need to open up the gas port a bit to get a strong enough pulse and you don't want Jethro diggin around in there with his drill.
I have no idea what a Krink is.

This is the KX3 flash hider:
Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
Guns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond reputeGuns4Fun has a reputation beyond repute

Dave, one more thing.

You should search over on ARF for old posts - or check out yuotube. They had pics / video shooting with the kx3 at night and they had really cool flames coming out of the end of the guns. Looked like a flame thrower.

That should not be an issue with mil ammo because they use a flash retardent in that ammo.
Old June 11th, 2009
Grand Member

(Berks County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
Dave, one more thing.

You should search over on ARF for old posts - or check out yuotube. They had pics / video shooting with the kx3 at night and they had really cool flames coming out of the end of the guns. Looked like a flame thrower.

That should not be an issue with mil ammo because they use a flash retardent in that ammo.
I shoot strictly hand loads, so I guess I'll have the flash. I don't have a problem with that though.