Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old May 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM

(Schuylkill County)
J.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to J.W.
Default Conceal Carry Badge - Legal?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=128487082
Randomly found an auction on gunbroker are selling conceal carry "police" badges to protect yourself from the police when they arrive at a scene and your pointing a gun at someone. Is there anyway flashing one of these badges get you charged with impersonating a police officer? Whats the point in carrying it since when the cops show up, i wouldn't want to be reaching into my pockets for ANYTHING to ensure that they wouldn't be worried by my actions.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old May 6th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
tlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conceal Carry Badge - Legal?

Quote:
No matter what your choice of conceal is! Having a conceal weapon permit is only half the protection you need. Protecting yourself against attack by the criminal element is served well by being armed. But, think outside the “gun”. There are now over 4 million citizens with conceal permits today and growing by thousands every month. Also 1 or 2 million police officers. Should you be involved in a situation where you have to draw your weapon and are holding an attacker at bay, you may very easily become a victim of “Friendly Fire”. Imagine Police arriving at the scene of your encounter and your attacker shouting, “he has a gun” :Shoot Him”. The officer sees you with a gun in hand and is trained to respond instantly to the threat that presents itself. You instinctively turn to the officer and tell him you are a legally licensed gun owner. It takes only a split second and the officer does what he has been trained to do, he fires. Dead men tell no tales. You're threatened with deadly force, but your gun is out and pointed at the felon. You have your Concealed Handgun Permit Badge with you. The police pull up to the scene and the dirtbag shouts, "He's going to kill me. SHOOT HIM!" WHAT DO YOU DO? You display your BADGE to the police and shout, "DON'T SHOOT. I'M A LEGALLY LICENSED HAND GUN OWNER." The police officer orders you to put down your weapon. You comply. Situation under control. One criminal under arrest and YOU'RE ALIVE! Item Features: Height : 3", Width : 2" Attachment : Clip Back, Genuine leather case., Specify, Silver, Gold or Gunmetal when ordering. All items sold on this site are not convey any authority whatsoever. Individuals purchasing these I.D badges should have proper conceal weapons permit. None of these items are endorsed by nor associated in any manner with any Federal, Local, State, or International Agency, the U.S. Government or any government agency of another country. The dictionary defines “Badge” as a means of visual identification and is 100% legal to carry when you are armed. Carrying when you are unarmed may lead to being charged with “attempting to gain favor” for whatever that means, in some jurisdictions. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -Winston Churchill Join the NRA free for the first 12 months.
Ummm just because someone has a CCW doesn't mean they're NOT the bad guy.
http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/5789...ng-rushed.html
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Grand Member

(Mercer County)
Paradigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond repute

Legal, yes. Stupid, yes.

Do a search.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...rry-badge.html (Concealed Carry Badge..)

Last edited by Paradigm; May 6th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:47 AM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

Karma8541 has much to be proud ofKarma8541 has much to be proud ofKarma8541 has much to be proud ofKarma8541 has much to be proud ofKarma8541 has much to be proud ofKarma8541 has much to be proud ofKarma8541 has much to be proud ofKarma8541 has much to be proud ofKarma8541 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
Legal, yes. Stupid, yes.

Do a search.
What he said and Oh a big waste of money, Money that could go for more Ammo or something along that lines..
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334

Think of having a concealed carry badge like this..

Imagine seeing an accident, then come running up to the scene with your drivers license out... How stupid looking would that be??

Save your money, no-one needs a badge, the chances of one getting you into legal trouble is greater than it getting you out of it.
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:03 AM

(Schuylkill County)
J.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.W. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to J.W.

I wasn't planning on buying it and wasn't looking for it when i found it. I just thought you guys would have a laugh at it.
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Grand Member

(Mercer County)
Paradigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond reputeParadigm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.W. View Post
I wasn't planning on buying it and wasn't looking for it when i found it. I just thought you guys would have a laugh at it.
Definitely a good save... *thumbs up*
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
LorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to LorDiego01 Send a message via Yahoo to LorDiego01

if I ever meet a fellow gun owner carrying and or displaying one of those badges, I think I'd open hand slap them in the face.

Then point and laugh.

You are better off wearing the FBI shirt that says "Female Body Inspector", that has more of an aura of legitimacy.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
tlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond reputetlgpa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
You are better off wearing the FBI shirt that says "Female Body Inspector", that has more of an aura of legitimacy.
Really? I have one. Only wore it once for a Halloween costume. But now you've got me thinking. I'd imagine that, combined with OC would get some interesting looks.
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Lehigh County)
1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute1iarrowking has a reputation beyond repute

"Badges. We don't have no badges. We don't need no stinking badges." SIRIUS Outlaw Radio