Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old April 28th, 2009
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Chester County)
BigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoomStick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rock River Arms AR-15 - Shaving brass from the casings

Hey everyone.

I just built a RRA AR 15. I went out and bought a stripped lower. I then went online to RRA's website and ordered everything I need to build the rifle. I got one package with all the parts to do the lower, but nothing else. So I had a completed lower which was nothing more then a paper weight.

I got anxious and bought a completed upper in a store. So I slapped the completed upper on the lower I built and now I have a complete AR-15.

I went to the shooting range and she performs like a dream from the first shot. I put about 200rds through her in the first go around without a hiccup.

But... When I came home to clean the rifle I noticed lots of little tiny brass shavings in my upper receiver. They are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Some maybe a little bigger. I know this isnt good.

So I got out my Sharpie marker and marked up 10 rounds and shot them to see where the casing is getting scratched.

It turns out the scratches are on the neck of the casing. 2 of them, about 1/4inch apart. Looks like: ' '. It is on the side facing the ejection port.

I tried taking pics but they didn't come out right. I will try again when I can find a better camera.

Let me know if you have any ideas about what it could be.

Thanks.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old April 28th, 2009

(Berks County)
gold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond reputegold cup abuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rock River Arms AR-15 - Shaving brass from the casings

I think this is due to an issue in the barrel chamber area.

Inspect the chamber area and clean it with a stainless steel bore brush and see if that gets rid of the high spot that may be there. A visual inspection first before you start

If that fails then I would consider a return of the upper to the place where you got it from for a replacement.

good luck
Old April 28th, 2009

(Blair County)
SteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond reputeSteveWag has a reputation beyond repute

If you look at the chamber end of the barrel you can see a left and right feed ramp. The marks on your cases may be caused by sharp edges on the ramps. You can remove as much as you want the “soften” these edges.
Steve
Old April 29th, 2009

(Bucks County)
RaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond reputeRaisedByWolves has a reputation beyond repute

I pick up a lot of range brass and see this occasionally. I dont know the cause but it cant be too big an issue.