Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old April 19th, 2009, 10:46 PM

(Bucks County)
zachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond reputezachomega has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to zachomega
Thumbs up Wicen's Farm

http://www.wicenshootingrange.com/

I shot there today for the first time. 100 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol range, and trap shoot. All outdoors. Very friendly people.

15$ to shoot all day...and 10$ for your first time there.

It was my first time shooting rifles and I'd definitely go back there.

-Zach

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old April 20th, 2009, 12:06 AM

(Philadelphia County)
klausag is a jewel in the roughklausag is a jewel in the roughklausag is a jewel in the roughklausag is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to klausag
Default Re: Wicen's Farm

Definately Agree. I was there yesturday. Thumbs up for Wicens. Everyone is very friendly and courteous. The rifle range is excellet but the handgun range leaves something to be desired. I felt somewhat confined in the handgun area.

Good location too, as tanners is right around the corner
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:07 AM

(Philadelphia County)
klausag is a jewel in the roughklausag is a jewel in the roughklausag is a jewel in the roughklausag is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to klausag

Also if anyone is interested in setting up a group shoot there, I am very much interested
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:20 AM

(Bucks County)
pacmanfan1977 has much to be proud ofpacmanfan1977 has much to be proud ofpacmanfan1977 has much to be proud ofpacmanfan1977 has much to be proud ofpacmanfan1977 has much to be proud ofpacmanfan1977 has much to be proud ofpacmanfan1977 has much to be proud ofpacmanfan1977 has much to be proud of

I agree on Wicens. I was also there this weekend! My wife and I decided to dig the guns out and go shooting, since the weather was really nice.
-Mark
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Banned

(Bucks County)
QuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond repute

Wicen's is fine for:
People who don't shoot often(like 2-3x a yr)
People who live close-by and won't drive more than 5 miles to range
People who are too lazy to seek out gun clubs to join, don't want to be bothered with "memberships"
People who have ALOT of extra money to piss out the window if shooting on regular basis(2-4x a month or more).

If you fall into any of the above, then by all means, enjoy your time at Wicen's.
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Kodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
Wicen's is fine for:
People who don't shoot often(like 2-3x a yr)
People who live close-by and won't drive more than 5 miles to range
People who are too lazy to seek out gun clubs to join, don't want to be bothered with "memberships"
People who have ALOT of extra money to piss out the window if shooting on regular basis(2-4x a month or more).

If you fall into any of the above, then by all means, enjoy your time at Wicen's.
Oh damn Im to lazy to seek out a club....doh!

Lets use langhorne as an example.....per their website (and it might not be current but im using it anyway) its 150.00 a year plus 75 for new members. So thats 225.00 for the first year. Wicens is 15 per day for the range and 10$ for range badges...so lets say I go up and im there for the 1st time....I pay my 15$ and get two badges....one for rifle and one for pistol. Thats another 15....so im up to 30$ for the day...and after that its only 15$ each time I come up because I already have the range badges. To get to langhornes price id have to visit the range 14 times the first year at Wicens...which I might do....but on average I go once a month.

Its not that we are lazy...its that we dont want to join a club.

We are going tomorrow...Sunday the 21st.

Last edited by Kodiak; June 20th, 2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Banned

(Bucks County)
QuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond reputeQuakertownRich has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Oh damn Im to lazy to seek out a club....doh!

Lets use langhorne as an example (one of, if not THE most expensive gun club in the area..but go on..) .....per their website (and it might not be current but im using it anyway) its 150.00 a year plus 75 for new members. So thats 225.00 for the first year. Wicens is 15 per day for the range and 10$ for range badges (actually it's $15 a day + $10 first station, $5 for second, and since you're using Langhorne as example, might as well have ALL abilities too so another $5 for third station of shotgun..) ...so lets say I go up and im there for the 1st time....I pay my 15$ and get two badges....one for rifle and one for pistol. Thats another 15....so im up to 30$ for the day (add third badge=$35) ...and after that its only 15$ each time I come up because I already have the range badges. To get to langhornes price id have to visit the range 14 times (actually 13x) the first year at Wicens...which I might do....but on average I go once a month.

Its not that we are lazy...its that we dont want to join a club.

We are going tomorrow...Sunday the 21st. (Have at it!)
So, other than your choice of most expensive range in region in an attempt to dispell whatever I said...what did I say that was incorrect? By your data and the corrected numbers, doesn't going to range around once a month fall into the category of "don't shoot often"?
How bout my numbers? One of my ranges is $15...A YEAR! So, if I went to the range 13 times like you are indicating, it costs me...stay with me...$15 total. At Wicen's, the same 13 trips will cost you..how much?? that's right..$215! If that's the case, wouldn't you fall into the last category of "have alot of money to piss out the window"? Hmmm? This was too easy.
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Kodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond reputeKodiak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, other than your choice of most expensive range in region in an attempt to dispell whatever I said...what did I say that was incorrect? By your data and the corrected numbers, doesn't going to range around once a month fall into the category of "don't shoot often"?
How bout my numbers? One of my ranges is $15...A YEAR! So, if I went to the range 13 times like you are indicating, it costs me...stay with me...$15 total. At Wicen's, the same 13 trips will cost you..how much?? that's right..$215! If that's the case, wouldn't you fall into the last category of "have alot of money to piss out the window"? Hmmm? This was too easy.
I wasnt trying to dispel anything you said. Basically you said Wicens is for those who casually shoot or dont want to deal with memberships.

Your original post was somewhat snide even if you didnt intend it to come across as such.

I used Langhorne as an example and im sure there are cheaper ones out there.....such as the one you named....What range do you goto that is 15$ a year?

How many ranges within say 20 miles of the city are 15$ annually? Even Holmesburg...which I can basically walk to....costs a considerable amount and has bizzare range rules.

Last edited by Kodiak; June 20th, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Banned

(Bucks County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
I wasnt trying to dispel anything you said (umm..yeah you were. Don't insult me by saying that) . Basically you said Wicens is for those who casually shoot or dont want to deal with memberships. (Actually I gave several reasons that going to Wicen's would make sense for)
Your original post was somewhat snide even if you didnt intend it to come across as such. (Yeah? you too)

I used Langhorne as an example and im sure there are cheaper ones out there.....such as the one you named....What range do you goto that is 15$ a year? Paletown Rod and Gun club in Quakertown.

How many ranges within say 20 miles of the city are 15$ annually? Even Holmesburg...which I can basically walk to....costs a considerable amount and has bizzare range rules. I did my homework and found several in my general area for less than $75 a year
Still waiting for you to tell me where I was incorrect.
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM

(Philadelphia County)
kutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond reputekutblok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Still waiting for you to tell me where I was incorrect.
I'm waiting for you to tell me what range costs $15.00 bucks a year. Cough it up.