Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 31st, 2009, 02:33 PM

(Perry County)
imp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond reputeimp81318 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Cheaper Than Dirt - Price Gouging

Another website I visit pointed something out, and I figured I'd post it here as well. www.cheaperthandirt.com has only 1 kind of .380 ammo in stock, and they've raised the price of it quite a bit - to the tune of $69.95 per 50 ct. box!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemL...aspx?catid=646

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM3172-5.html

What is even worse than the ridiculously inflated price is the absurd comments that have shown up for this ammo since yesterday. To quote them:

Quote:
Underpriced, great bargain!
Reviewer: ArfMbr
3/30/2009
Great price for decent practice ammo. Blazer isn't the cleanest shooting stuff, but it's non-corrosive and fairly reliable. For under $2 a round, this is a terrific companion for your Bersa or Kel-Tec.
Quote:
high fps
Reviewer: Lukie McGonagil
3/30/2009
Good deal! This is not the regular full metal, but the best total metal jacket rare stuff. Get it while you can.
Quote:
This stuff is AW3SOM3!!!
Reviewer: Arock
3/30/2009
Holy crap, this stuff is awesome. Forget Cop killaz', this is the way to go right here for all the tactical crap you can put in your fist. Better get some before Barry O says you can't. And all for a great price. Watching the shiny silver aluminum casings blade out of the ejection port at a 45 degree angle is more than worth the price you pay for these. Get 'em while they last!!
Quote:
great ammo
Reviewer: calledout
3/30/2009
This stuff works great in my Way2. Much better than alot of other ammo. Get it while you can.
Quote:
Worth It!
Reviewer: PPker
3/29/2009
This ammo is worth every penny per round it cost. greatest ammo ever and best price that i have ever seen.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I surely won't be spending a single hard-earned dollar there.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 31st, 2009, 03:01 PM
Grand Member

XD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheaper Than Dirt - Price Gouging

Go onto their live support(http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...27648&byhref=1), and confront them about it. I also sent an email to CCI and told them to help us gun owners stop the price gouging, I realize it's not really their problem but it can't hurt.
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:06 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
Adam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam-12 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to say it, but it's called "supply and demand." Demand is way up since a bit before last election, not to mention massive military demand since 2003. And supply is relatively low.

You'll see prices drop if the current feeding frenzy ends, or the WoT ends, or production cranks up. But cranking up production is less likely, because the manufacturers don't want a bunch of excess capacity if the frenzy or the war ends.

I say this as a disgruntled ammo buyer who can't find .38 special for love nor money. It ain't "gouging."
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:12 PM
Grand Member

emsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond repute

They charge about 2x more than other internet retailers, fuck them and the horse they rode in on...

Also, why did you pick such an obscure ammo?
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...low-point-ammo

Last edited by emsjeep; March 31st, 2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:16 PM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
LorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to LorDiego01 Send a message via Yahoo to LorDiego01

it ain't gouging.

Its a-raping. Those customer reviews are beyond ridiculous.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:23 PM
Grand Member

emsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond repute

This is the stuff I want to punch them in the face over:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM223C-5.html
vs.
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalo...3-556-fmj-ammo

$1,119.97 vs $689.95 for the exact same stuff, and I know ATG has jacked up their prices...
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:24 PM

(Erie County)
steveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to steveforopen
Default Cheaper Than Dirt is RAPING people on .380

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM3172-5.html

$70! for a 50ct Blazer box? WTF!

I suggest the forum expresses their displeasure by using the "chat with a tech" button and ask if the price is a misprint.
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:27 PM
Grand Member

(Montgomery County)
1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute1blindref has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheaper Than Dirt is RAPING people on .380

I saw this link posted on the Sig Forum.
I don't regularly shot .380 and haven't bought any in years. I know it's scarce and has gone up (along with everything else) lately. What is the average price for .380 these days?

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:30 PM

(Erie County)
steveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these partssteveforopen is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to steveforopen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
I saw this link posted on the Sig Forum.
I don't regularly shot .380 and haven't bought any in years. I know it's scarce and has gone up (along with everything else) lately. What is the average price for .380 these days?
I just paid $15 a box for American Eagle
Old March 31st, 2009, 03:35 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
LittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond reputeLittleRedToyota has a reputation beyond repute

even before the whole obamamania price increases, in my experience cheaper than dirt may have been cheaper than dirt, but they were not usually cheaper than natchez.

and cheaper than dirt has been price gouging in general ever since obama got elected. there are numerous threads on numerous forums detailing it.

i never used to shop at CTD just because they were never cheaper than natchez for the stuff i wanted to buy.

now i will continue to never shop there because they are a-holes. (they have every right to charge whatever they want...but i have every right to shop elsewhere if i think they are trying to take advantage of me.)

just my 2 cents.