Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: AR-15 stripped lower MUST be registered as a handgun - Legal issues?

Unless you are selling a handgun, short barreled rifle or short barreled shotgun, you do not even fill out a SP4-113. I was chastised by the firearms unit about this when I first got started in the business. They told me in no uncertain terms that it is only filled out for the above and never for a long arm.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Northampton County)

Default Re: AR-15 stripped lower MUST be registered as a handgun - Legal issues?

New development to add some fuel to this fire. I was now told that no AR15 rifles regardless of there configuration can not be sold to anyone out of state. And the PSP is holding fast to the SP4-113 being used and filled out completely for the sale of an AR15 type rifle and receiver.

Pa. Patriot , Count me in on any help that may be needed to fight this.
    I am starting to believe that this will be used to close dealers down in the future.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by pfridirici View Post
    Just sold A/R and complied with PSP . Question 50 on SP4-113 "DOES THIS PURCHASE INVOLVE A PISTOL OR REVOLVER WITH A BARREL LENGTH OF LESS THAN 15 INCHES,A SHOTGUN WITH A BARREL LENGTH LESS THAN 18 INCHES, A RIFLE WITH A BARREL LENGTH OF LESS THAN 16 INCHES, OR A FIREARM WITH AN OVERALL LENGTH OF LESS THAN 26 INCHES? IF YES (complete blocks 51-55) IF NO (No information Required). Well guess what no information was required.
    According to Trooper Anderson you still need to put in the information and where it say bbl length just put n/a. All for their "non-registration" forms.

(Bucks County)

Apparently this might be a real issue right now. The FFL I deal with the most was on the phone quite a bit of the time I was in there today talking with a couple other FFL's. He was commenting on that the PSP wants them to do the PA handgun paper work on all AR-15 receivers including pre-built rifles and possibly other receiver's that can be "readily converted to a pistol".

It's beginning to look like this may not be isolated to a couple uninformed FFL's and/or PICS people. The guys I deal with know their stuff.

(Montgomery County)

I was on the phone with Trooper Anderson today and can confirm that he said the state wants all lowers to go on the white form. Also he said any rifle that can be converted into a handgun without tools (AR15s) would also need to be on the white form. ** This means complete rifles from the mfg would have to be listed on the PA form SP4-113(white form) as well as the 4473(yellow). This whole situation SUCKS. I was on the phone with another dealer today in Montgomeryville and he was also at a loss as to this new change.

For the record Tpr Anderson was very friendly and helpful in explaining the state's position. He was not at all threatening and gave me a solid 20 minutes of his time to do his best to explain this.

John
    Seneca Arms.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca Arms Co. Inc. View Post
    I was on the phone with Trooper Anderson today and can confirm that he said the state wants all lowers to go on the white form. Also he said any rifle that can be converted into a handgun without tools (AR15s) would also need to be on the white form. ** This means complete rifles from the mfg would have to be listed on the PA form SP4-113(white form) as well as the 4473(yellow). This whole situation SUCKS. I was on the phone with another dealer today in Montgomeryville and he was also at a loss as to this new change.

For the record Tpr Anderson was very friendly and helpful in explaining the state's position. He was not at all threatening and gave me a solid 20 minutes of his time to do his best to explain this.

John
    Seneca Arms.
    Its down right time to get rid of completely this state level transfer thing in it's entirety. Possession should be 9/10 of the law on ownership of "firearms" when a receipt isn't available.

sue time / state rep critters yet?

(Blair County)

The AR can’t be converted to a “Handgun” without tools, only to a SBR. It takes at least a screwdriver to remove the stock. For one, I’ll not change until I am notified in writing.
    Steve

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWag View Post
    The AR can’t be converted to a “Handgun” without tools, only to a SBR. It takes at least a screwdriver to remove the stock. For one, I’ll not change until I am notified in writing.
    Steve
    This is my thinking too, but does not appear to be the PSP position. However the issue is vague at best and i feel that we need some type of formal letter as well. I was told one was in the works but I know no other details. I will not handle factory built ARs as handguns either until that time the PSP provides written documentation. However I am going to comply with lowers as it at least seems to fit the definition.

(Armstrong County)

Angry Re: AR-15 stripped lower MUST be registered as a handgun - Legal issues?

I have a question. Will they be trying to make you register any exsisting ar's? or will they be grand fatherd in?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast