Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 12th, 2009, 11:18 PM

(Montgomery County)
imxelite is on a distinguished road
Default Gun permit renewal question

Hi all,

My gun permit is going to expire in three months and I needed help on how I should renew. When I first got my permit I lived in phila so I had to go downtown to get it. However now I live in Wyncote and I know I have to go to norristown court house, but I don't know if I'm considered a new applicant.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 12th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Moderator Emeritus

(Luzerne County)
Pa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Pa. Patriot
Default Re: Gun permit renewal question

Doesn't matter. Same application/form.

Just go in fill it out and pay your pittance

Quote:
danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
Remember Meleanie
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Grand Member

HiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gun permit renewal question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
Doesn't matter. Same application/form.

Just go in fill it out and pay your pittance
And also of course go thru the local police check card thing required by Mont. Co.

From Sheriff's website:

GUN PERMIT

Pennsylvania License to Carry a Concealed Firearm

Montgomery County Sheriff's Department

John P. Durante, Sheriff

- You will need to COME IN - IN PERSON to the Court House in Norristown with the following:

Pennsylvania Drivers License and/or Pennsylvania I.D. Card with your Montgomery County address.
If renewing, applicant must remember to supply names, addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) references (not immediate family.)
Local Police check card must be signed by your local police department (New Applicants).

$25.00 or $46.00 cash, check or money order (No Credit/Debit cards accepted.)
Foreign-born applicants who are U.S. Citizens must supply Passport or Naturalization Paperwork.
Foreign-born applicants who are not U.S. Citizens must provide proof of immigration status and ninety (90) days proof of residency (i.e. 3 months of utility bills).

* Note: Applicants with expired permits more than 60 days old will be considered new applicants.

You have the following 2 types of permits to choose from:

Hard Plastic, similar to drivers license, $46.00, you do not need to supply photo for this option.
Laminated paper permit with photo attached, $25.00 You must supply 2 official passport photographs to obtain this permit.

ALL APPLICANTS WILL HAVE A BACKGROUND CHECK RUN THROUGH THE PENNSYLVANIA INSTANT CHECK SYSTEM BEFORE ANY PERMIT IS ISSUED.

Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:15pm for picking up applications.

Processing hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm.

Permits cannot be processed unless all of the above requirements are met.