Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 24th, 2009
Grand Member

HiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone use the "Glock Sock" Hogue rubber grip for the Glock 26 or 27?

Do you like it? Would you recommend it? I understand it needs some trimming to fit?

Thnx.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 24th, 2009

sixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone use the "Glock Sock" Hogue rubber grip for the Glock 26 or 27?

I use it on mine. It did in fact require some trimming which i took care of with a utility knife. It turned out quite nicely. It certainly makes it easier to hold since it is a smaller package. For me it beefs up the grips just enough so I can maintain a firm purchase on the pistol. Here is a picture of my set up. (excuse the other stuff in the photo, I am trying to sell the sunglasses, so i was throwing some other stuff in there for cool factor)
Old February 24th, 2009
Grand Member

HiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone use the "Glock Sock" Hogue rubber grip for the Glock 26 or 27?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstrings101 View Post
I use it on mine. It did in fact require some trimming which i took care of with a utility knife. It turned out quite nicely. It certainly makes it easier to hold since it is a smaller package. For me it beefs up the grips just enough so I can maintain a firm purchase on the pistol. Here is a picture of my set up. (excuse the other stuff in the photo, I am trying to sell the sunglasses, so i was throwing some other stuff in there for cool factor)
Looks like you have an extended grip/mag on there too?
Old February 24th, 2009

sixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond reputesixstrings101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, takes the 9 rounds of .40 to an even 10. That adds to the grip as well. I picked those up long before I put the Hogue Grip on there. They make all the difference. It doesn't add very much to the overall length of the pistol either.
Old February 24th, 2009
Grand Member

(Chester County)
synergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond repute

I've used em in the past, I would skip them if possible.

They can move and interfere with the mag release, they can slip on the gun and change your grip....they're just not worth it, IMO.
Old February 25th, 2009
Grand Member

(Butler County)
bortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond reputebortle has a reputation beyond repute

I have one on my 17 and like it. Tried it on my 19 carry gun and didn't like it. Didn't like the rubber rubbing against me. They can move around and block the mag release too.
Old February 25th, 2009
Grand Member

(Centre County)
ithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond reputeithinkimamedic has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ithinkimamedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post
I've used em in the past, I would skip them if possible.

They can move and interfere with the mag release, they can slip on the gun and change your grip....they're just not worth it, IMO.
I can't agree more! A COMPLETE waste of your money. When I had one of in the summer it would move once hot or in the rain so I tried the spray hairspray on the inside to keep it from moving, didn't work at all. IMO if your that worried about the grip surface use some of the "grip tape" products instead.

Tax: $200
Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old February 25th, 2009
Grand Member

(York County)
RoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond repute

I've got one on a G19 and really like it. Fits my hand quite well and no intereference with the magazine release. Mine hasn't slipped either, but I can't say I've ever had sweaty palms when I'm shooting.
Old February 25th, 2009

I have had them on my glocks for about a year. Ive never had any problems with them slipping. It has never interfered with the magazine release for me. I can see if someone installs them with some moisture underneath or pulls them up to high they can cover the mag release, but again I have never encountered this problem.
Old February 25th, 2009

(Bucks County)
kprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond reputekprojects has a reputation beyond repute

I had one on my 23 - seemed to beef it up a little bit which was good... haven't used one since though - that was a couple years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g17g19g23.jpg (20.1 KB, 21 views)