Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old December 17th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

(Westmoreland County)
RocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daisy Model 2202 Rotary Mag Bolt Action 22 LR

Anyone know anything about the Daisy rim fire? It has a wood stock, an octagon barrel and a 10 shot rotary magazine. A co-worker of mine put some money down on one at a fun store. The clerk told him it was only made for one year (1963). I'm just looking for some info to make sure he doesn't get hosed!

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM

(Franklin County)
Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daisy Model 2202 Rotary Mag Bolt Action 22 LR

the daisy legacy 2202 and 2212 were made in the 80's... never heard of one made in the 60's!

they go pretty cheap (150-250) even though they were made in very small #'s... from what i hear they were made pretty poorly, with barrels akin to a bb gun barrel.
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM

(Franklin County)
Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeAdvocate has a reputation beyond repute

from wikipedia

is this what you mean?

Quote:
V/L caseless rifles

Daisy was the first company to introduce a production caseless ammunition and rifle, the V/L Rifle, in 1968. The V/L ammunition consisted of a .22 caliber bullet with a small disk of propellant on the back, and no primer. The rifle resembled a typical spring-air rifle, but the hot, high pressure air served not only as a power source but also to ignite the propellant on the back of the V/L cartridge. The V/L guns and ammunition were discontinued in 1969 after the BATF ruled that they constituted a firearm, and Daisy, which was not licensed to manufacture firearms, decided to discontinue manufacture rather than become a firearms manufacturer. About 23,000 of the rifles were made before production ceased.
Old December 19th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

(Westmoreland County)
RocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's not the V/L rifle...definitely .22 LR...

I think it is the 2202/2212 from the 80's...gun shop owner is probably just mis-informed.
Old December 19th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Grand Member

(Luzerne County)
normanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds interesting. Maybe you can get some pics of it when he gets it.
Old December 19th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

(Westmoreland County)

Will do!

10 rule
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:12 AM

(Fayette County)
bvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually have one of those... If it's what I'm thinking of, it is styled like a muzzleloader, but is a bolt-action metal/plastic .22LR rifle, in all black. Fed by a 10-round rotary magazine.
Old December 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM

(Somerset County)
habuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond reputehabuch has a reputation beyond repute

that's my old rifle. i traded it at a latrobe gun shop about two months ago. it works fine but its very small and only good for a kid. i bought it for my son in 1990 and only shot about 200 rounds through it. the only reason i traded it was my kids are grown and its way too small for me. don't lose the magazine you cannot get new ones and you cannot get replacement parts for it. but for a first gun for a kid or just plinking around it should be ok. it is kinda rare so maybe some day it will be collectable.
Old December 30th, 2008, 07:09 PM

dlseeber is on a distinguished road

Do any of you good folks know where I might find a magazine for one of these? My neighbor has one and he did what someone on this board said not to do, he lost the only magazine he had for his Daisy 2202. I stopped here first to get my inquiry started.

Thanks.

DLS
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:24 PM

(Northumberland County)
EODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond reputeEODguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlseeber View Post
Do any of you good folks know where I might find a magazine for one of these? My neighbor has one and he did what someone on this board said not to do, he lost the only magazine he had for his Daisy 2202. I stopped here first to get my inquiry started.

Thanks.

DLS
Try www.jackfirstgun.com they have a ton of hard to find parts. You may have to get their catalog though, but great folks to deal with.