Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old December 15th, 2008

curlyjive will become famous soon enoughcurlyjive will become famous soon enough
Default Ammo at Walmart?

Do PA Walmarts and Dick's Sorting goods stores (Particularly in Mont. County) carry handgun ammo? I know they do in many other states, but I have never looked for it in PA.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 15th, 2008
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)
1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ammo at Walmart?

all the wal marts I go in sell it
Old December 15th, 2008
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
LorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to LorDiego01 Send a message via Yahoo to LorDiego01

All the Wallmarts that are outside of Philadelphia sell it.

MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE, AND TRIPLE CHECK ALL AMMO YOU BUY AT WALLMART.

They have handed me the wrong ammo on two separate occasions.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
Old December 15th, 2008
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)
1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE, AND TRIPLE CHECK ALL AMMO YOU BUY AT WALLMART.

They have handed me the wrong ammo on two separate occasions.
you are sure right there . I went to walmart yesterday to buy a few boxes . there was no one working sporting goods so a manager sent someone from another department . when I started giving them my order of different caliber rounds they were totally stumped , didn,t know there was but one type
Old December 15th, 2008

(Montgomery County)
soup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond reputesoup has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post

My cousin went looking for Ammo in a Wal-Mart in Delco and said they didnt have any... This was the first I've ever heard of a wal-mart not carrying ammo, then again I dont go to Philly often
PA Fishing Guide/Charter Services. Guide #869
Old December 15th, 2008

curlyjive will become famous soon enoughcurlyjive will become famous soon enough

Ah, so do they keep them BEHIND the counter then? In sporting goods? Maybe that's where I missed it.
Old December 15th, 2008
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
Dredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
Ah, so do they keep them BEHIND the counter then? In sporting goods? Maybe that's where I missed it.
yeah everything but the shotgun shells (target loads) are behind the counter.

double and triple check what they give you! I've been given wrong sizes, wrong calibers, wrong size boxes, wrong manufacturers... even got handed a box of rounds that looked like they had played hockey with them for a few months and then gave em back to the sporting goods people.

Most people that work the sportsmen counter at walmart don't have a clue, not all. just most
The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.
Old December 15th, 2008
Banned

(Lackawanna County)
jahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond reputejahwarrior72 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jahwarrior72 Send a message via Yahoo to jahwarrior72

the Walmart in Dickson City does, WWB and UMC. the Dick's here only sells long gun ammo.
Old December 15th, 2008

What Kind of prices are you guys getting? I can get a box of 50 9mm Lawman for about $10 with my range membership......but I hate using it because it is really dirty! They sometimes have American Eagles, which are much cleaner, but I never know until I get there.
Old December 15th, 2008
Grand Member
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Chester County)
knighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to knighthawk06699 Send a message via MSN to knighthawk06699

Some Dicks carry ammo. Every WalMart I have ever been to does carry ammo. Cheapest place I have found to buy range ammo ever.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!