Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)
1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute
Default HENRY RIFLES MOVED ?

I was in gun store in Johnstown yesterday and the owner told me that HENRY rifle co. has moved their factory to NEW JERSEY and that the ones out now in the stores would be the last ones made in NEW YORK . Anyone heard anything about this ? just wondering

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 13th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Xringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HENRY RIFLES MOVED ?

Henry DIDN'T move to NJ (unless they did it in the last month). They outgrew the place in Brooklyn and moved their facilities to a larger factory, still in NY, the beginning of October 2008.
Old December 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)
1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute1861 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks , I got the feeling he wasn,t as sure as he acted.
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)

well , he was right , my wife picked me up one for Christmas this morning and it is stamped on barrel ( made in BAYONNE , NEW JERSEY )
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
Dredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
well , he was right , my wife picked me up one for Christmas this morning and it is stamped on barrel ( made in BAYONNE , NEW JERSEY )
http://www.henryrepeating.com/contact.cfm

Henry Repeating Arms Company

59 East 1st Street
Bayonne, NJ 07002

Telephone: 201-858-4400
Facsimile: 201-858-4435

Or send an email

hard to argue with that
The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Xringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've been known to be wrong before. When I called to talk to them in Oct they said they were moving their facilities to a larger location in Brooklyn. Apparently they found a cheaper place in Bayonne. Oh, well, at least they are still made in the USA.
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
Well, I've been known to be wrong before. When I called to talk to them in Oct they said they were moving their facilities to a larger location in Brooklyn. Apparently they found a cheaper place in Bayonne. Oh, well, at least they are still made in the USA.

true , NEW YORK or NEW JERSEY . Still one fine lil rifle .
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
nfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond repute

The move to NJ from Brooklyn was known for a long time "in Henry circles". More space. less onerous taxes. Maybe - Bloomie was also a factor in the decision to move.

Course it is sad that we lost a gun that was made in Brooklyn of all places. Who'd a thunk that would have been true given NY stance against the 2A.

Last edited by nfafan; December 15th, 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
In Memoriam

(Somerset County)

should have moved their operation to the (T) of PA.
Old December 15th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
nfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond reputenfafan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
should have moved their operation to the (T) of PA.
Their taxes would have been as bad as in NY.