Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 Signed by Governor Corbett!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has been signed into law by Governor Corbett. Municipalities can now be held liable for firearms laws on the books which are in direct violation of the state's preemption laws. To link to continuing discussion on the new law, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Closed Thread

Old December 11th, 2008, 03:37 PM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Lycoming County)
o1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ar 15 lightning link

i meet a guy today that was selling lightning links. they were hand made by him, and they were only the link not the paddle. he says it is completly legal for him to make as long as they were only 80% complete. he is selling them as a infor mational item. but what ever the buyer doese with it is completly out of his hands. so is any off this the truth. i called my local atf office to ask but there was not a field agent in, and they are going to get back to me.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 11th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
Dredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ar 15 lightning link

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1dakota440 View Post
i meet a guy today that was selling lightning links. they were hand made by him, and they were only the link not the paddle. he says it is completly legal for him to make as long as they were only 80% complete. he is selling them as a infor mational item. but what ever the buyer doese with it is completly out of his hands. so is any off this the truth. i called my local atf office to ask but there was not a field agent in, and they are going to get back to me.
As far as I am aware a piece of metal can be sold as long as its not complete... ie: AK stamped receivers.

Asking the ATF about lighting clips is like asking the DEA about what you can use to cut drugs to increase your profits.

I would make absolutely sure all your guns are 100% legal and there is nothing illegal in your house asap just in case they come to speak with you in person.

Lighting clips aren't legal to own and they are 100% illegal to install
The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.
Old December 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Lycoming County)
o1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond reputeo1dakota440 has a reputation beyond repute

ok so i have an answer. it is legal as long as it is only 80% complete. but imo ithink it would go down like this. for some reason the atf comes to the house, finds i have a 80% LL and an ar15. and arests me cause i also have a piece of banding outside that held a pallet of fire would. and now i can make a paddle out of the banding. that is just how i think it would happen
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM

(Lehigh County)
wirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond reputewirepuller has a reputation beyond repute

"Please understand that it is illegal for a US Citizen to build one of these units without special licenses"

quote from here. http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/lightninglink.html
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
Kaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond reputeKaos has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kaos

I dunno...I wouldnt do it. There are legal LL's out there and anyone with a little google know how could find plans and make em out of various metal components like sawzall blades etc.

Just to be clear here though:

Unless you are a manufacturer of NFA items for Mil/LEO...It's illegal unless you are buying a registered one. I see no point in having an 80% one.

Just my thoughts.
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Super Mod: In Memoriam

(Montgomery County)
JayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond reputeJayBell has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to JayBell Send a message via Yahoo to JayBell

closed this, answer has been given.

do not posess an unregistered NFA device.

a lot is talked about with this "80% rule" but you'll never see any law or ATF regulation mentioning what "80%" is.

meaning, don't posess one, and dont discuss sales with anyone wanting to sell you one.

same with "Pre 81" drop in auto sears...its a TRAP.

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply
Closed Thread