Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old December 2nd, 2008

(Delaware County)
SigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond reputeSigMan1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need help! Glock 30(sf) vs. Glock 23

Please assume the following:

1.) You love the Glock platform
2.) You are comfortable and proficent with both weapons
3.) Cost of weapon/ammo is not an issue

I will be getting one of these two weapons. I have a snubbie to pocket carry when deep conceal is needed, so this weapon will be pulling double duty as my house gun and ccw gun when it is an option, in either OWB or IWN holsters. Onviously, the 30 has the caliber and the 23 has the capacity. I haven't ccw'd either of these guns, so I guess concealability as well as general like/dislikes are my question. Which would you pick and why? Thanks for the help!!

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 2nd, 2008

(Lebanon County)
ffoltz is a jewel in the roughffoltz is a jewel in the roughffoltz is a jewel in the roughffoltz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Need help! Glock 30(sf) vs. Glock 23

I would go with the G23 for the extra couple of rounds. I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference if they were to be hit with a 40 or a 45. JMO
Old December 3rd, 2008

ChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond reputeChrisF4i has a reputation beyond repute

I would go with the 23 because that is what I did go with when I had this dilemma. I liked the extra capacity of the 23 and the feel of it.
Old December 3rd, 2008

(Allegheny County)
00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute00gt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 00gt1 Send a message via MSN to 00gt1 Send a message via Yahoo to 00gt1 Send a message via Skype™ to 00gt1

i'd go with the 30, i love the size and IMHO, if you can't do what you need to do with a firearm in 10 rounds... it's not worth doing.... I carry my 30 regularly and if i feel i'm in an area that i may need more then 10 rounds, i carry a second mag.

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones
Old December 4th, 2008
Banned

(Clarion County)
dman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond reputedman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00gt1 View Post
i'd go with the 30, i love the size and IMHO, if you can't do what you need to do with a firearm in 10 rounds... it's not worth doing.... I carry my 30 regularly and if i feel i'm in an area that i may need more then 10 rounds, i carry a second mag.
I've a few different caliber Glocks but in the .45, I chose the G30 and the G36.Like 00gt1 said ,10 is enough with the extra mag.The 36,is 6+1 with the extra mag,it's enough for me,plus the fact, it's slightly smaller,single stack mag so it's lighter. If I feel the need to carry more rounds,then it's the 9mm.
Old December 4th, 2008

(Westmoreland County)
jmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant futurejmanzini has a brilliant future

I have shot both and I would go with the 30. As stated before, 10 rounds should do it.
Old December 4th, 2008

(Delaware County)
Ultramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond reputeUltramagnus has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say both guns are about the same when it comes to concealing them on you, kinda difficult in warm weather. that being said, id go with the 30. just has a great feel to it. 10 + 1 of 45 is just a great feeling
Old December 4th, 2008
Grand Member
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Chester County)
knighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond reputeknighthawk06699 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to knighthawk06699 Send a message via MSN to knighthawk06699

Go with the 30. I have carried a Glock 30 everyday for the last 6-7 years. It has never once failed me and it can take you to hell an back. Not to mention the 11 rounds of 230 .45auto are very comforting.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!
Old March 30th, 2009

ZEUS is on a distinguished road

Dude! I traded my Glock 23 for the 30sf after carrying the 23 for 5 years and I have no regrets! The 30 not only feels better in my hand it holds 10+1 of 45 cal! Accuracy is not even in question. Right out of the box it is excellent. It is my everyday carry as was my 23 but it is a tad smaller to boot. I've seen it hit a quart of milk @ 100 yards on you tube! The recoil will make all the differance. Say good bye to the 23's snap and say hello to the 30sf's comfortable push! I love the 30sf! You will too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GLOCK 30SF FNP9.jpg (113.8 KB, 54 views)
Old March 30th, 2009

(Erie County)
kpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond reputekpw has a reputation beyond repute

I still prefer my 19 to my 30 SF but that might be more familiarity than anything else. If the choice were 23 or 30 SF, I'd choose the 30 SF every day and twice on Sunday. I like it that much. I have owned a couple 23s in the past. I like them but don't love them.