Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Appleseed project

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    SWPA you say?

Check this out. Open to the public. First Sunday of the month, every month.

http://www.pmsconline.com/facilities.../rifle/cmp.htm

Current fees are $5 for club member, $8 for non-member with own rifle and ammo.

Friendly atmosphere. This is actually a CMP practice shoot and not an actual competition. You have every skill level from fantastic to entry level shooting. You will find Group Shooters like Hawk, Roland, Koli, BearTitan, ShawnL, Lil'Buck has shot it, and EdStephen showes up when he can make down from his compound in the hills. We have had some others from this forum join us recently also.

We have the shooting but not the political indoctrination of the Appleseed Project. We have that here. So in my oppinion, instead of bringing some other group in from the outside, support a local club. (fees actually do not go that far to supporting club, but do help defray costs of cmp shoot)

We would love to see you guys come on out. We are one of the few clubs that shoot cmp throughout the entire year. The winter shoots, while cold are some of the most fun.

An oppurtunity for you Group Shooters to do some real shooting at PMSC.

See ya at the range
    koli

Koli.

Does the club have rifles to use, and if so do you have to buy your ammo from the club? I'd really like to shoot CMP with a Garrand.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Koli.

Does the club have rifles to use, and if so do you have to buy your ammo from the club? I'd really like to shoot CMP with a Garrand.
    Yes we have rifles. Basically you buy the ammo and the use of the rifle is free. The price of the ammo is cheaper than what you can buy it yourself right now. (for garand and m1 carbine)
    The club is currently out of .223 ammo.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

I just wanted to bump this thread up a bit. I have attended two Appleseed shoots before, and for novice or improving shooters I think it is a great learning opportunity. Can you put 5/5 rounds in a 1 inch square from 25 meters (82 feet)? Appleseed is a great place to start to learn how.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ <==General information

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/ <==Discussion forums.

The weekend of April 18/19 has tons of Appleseed shoots occurring. Check out the schedule to see if there is one where you'll be.

b.t.w. Women, children, and active duty military shoot can attend at no charge.

We have wanted to hit one of these since we first found out about them but nothing was close enough ... might just be on our agenda

(Westmoreland County)

I'm gonna try to make it to both the one in Beaver Falls and Tyrone.

Carpool anyone?

(Mercer County)

Just join this forum today, there is an appleseed in beaver falls in july I think. I was thinking about going to the one in april. but I'm not sure I'm in Mercer so the beaver is alot closer but checking the ranges website I like the one in Allemans range better. out to 500 yards. Thanks maybe see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by vgrossi View Post
    Just join this forum today, there is an appleseed in beaver falls in july I think. I was thinking about going to the one in april. but I'm not sure I'm in Mercer so the beaver is alot closer but checking the ranges website I like the one in Allemans range better. out to 500 yards. Thanks maybe see you there.
    Go to them both. Shoot a Riflemans score at Allemans then go to Beaver falls as an Instuctor In Training.
    http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/
    WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
    Thomas Paine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12