Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old November 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM

(Washington County)
hiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond reputehiflyf22 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to hiflyf22
Default Best trigger for AR

Hey guys,
I bought my M&P 15 recently and I don't really like the feel of the trigger. What are my options to replace it? Is it easy to do?

Thanks,
Dustin

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old November 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM

(Berks County)
Capnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond reputeCapnswervon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best trigger for AR

I have the Rock River NM two stage trigger in all 3 of my AR's and I really like it. You can get much more expensive units...Timney, jewell, etc, but for the average everyday AR shootin' joe that wants a little bit lighter pull and nice clean break I don't think you can beat them.

The Capn'
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Legion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Giselle (or Gisselle?) is generally regarded as the current best AR trigger out there, others such as the Timney or Jewell are excellent choices as well. Standard two stages such as the Rock River are an excellent upgrade for the price. THey are as easy to install as your standard triggers since they use the same pins it's just a matter of swapping parts. The Timney is a one piece unit that just drops in and uses the pins basically just to hold it in place. If you can install a LPK the trigger will be a breeze.
Old November 13th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
MTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
Giselle (or Gisselle?) is generally regarded as the current best AR trigger out there, others such as the Timney or Jewell are excellent choices as well. Standard two stages such as the Rock River are an excellent upgrade for the price. THey are as easy to install as your standard triggers since they use the same pins it's just a matter of swapping parts. The Timney is a one piece unit that just drops in and uses the pins basically just to hold it in place. If you can install a LPK the trigger will be a breeze.
More rock-solid info from LP.

Also, any time you are working with pins like that, a good punch is important. You probably knew that already, I just didn't want to see the "I scratched my lower with a screwdriver while..." thread.
Old November 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Moderator Emeritus

(Allegheny County)
Emptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capnswervon View Post
I have the Rock River NM two stage trigger in all 3 of my AR's and I really like it. You can get much more expensive units...Timney, jewell, etc, but for the average everyday AR shootin' joe that wants a little bit lighter pull and nice clean break I don't think you can beat them.

The Capn'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion_Prime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
More rock-solid info from LP.

Also, any time you are working with pins like that, a good punch is important. You probably knew that already, I just didn't want to see the "I scratched my lower with a screwdriver while..." thread.

What they said.

I have a Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in mine. I like it, and several people have commented on the nice trigger after shooting it.
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Xringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond reputeXringshooter has a reputation beyond repute

I put RRA 2 stage in all the AR's I build. I like the way they feel. I have not changed the trigger in my Armalite yet but I still may.
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM

matt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond reputematt33 has a reputation beyond repute

I just installed a Geissele Designated Marksman Rifle Adjustable Trigger (Large Pin .174) in my new Colt 6920. This trigger so exceeded my expectations, it's beyond my ability to express in words. It was $280, but worth every penny. I also have a JP single stage and an LMT 2 stage match trigger in my other AR's. Needless to say, they feel creepy, heavy, and unrefined compared to the Geissele. All of my AR's will soon have a Geissele trigger.

BTW, the Geissele is made here in PA.
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
MTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond reputeMTechnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
What they said.

I have a Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger in mine. I like it, and several people have commented on the nice trigger after shooting it.
My RRA Varmint rifle came with the RRA 2-stage, and it is a great feeling trigger. I cannot comment on it vs. a jewell or gisselle or other trigger as I haven't handled them.
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
synergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond reputesynergy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12170
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Legion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond reputeLegion_Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post
Nice find! I've started hearing about that site recently and From what I've seen I may have to join. Looks like an excellent source.