Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Jonestown F&G Get Together Sat (Nov 15th)

Hey all,

I am going to be at the range this Saturday to test out my new FAL (Pending it arrives on time), and I was looking to see if any other members want to meet up? I am thinking of going around 10am or so.

If enough people go maybe we can do some sort of bulls eye or something?

Let me know
    Last edited by Fr0sty; November 23rd, 2008 at 12:22 PM.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Jonestown Fish and Game This Sat

I'm in
    (10 chars)

(Lebanon County)

Unless my wife goes, I will definitely need another member to go. I have 2 guests that will be coming with me. If you go, and don't mind letting one of them be your guest, I should be good. If not, I could always try set off some of my 50 bmg rounds as a mating call for Charlie. To bad I don't have my .50 any more Worst case, I could give Jim a call and see if I could stop by his place and sign another member up. Jim has been invited, but he is currently like 50/50 on attending. But knowing Jim, he will always find a way to throw some lead down range. I will know more Friday.

My new FAL should be at Shyda's today, or at the latest tomorrow. So as soon as I get the rifle, I have to mock up how I want to mount the scope, and figure out what size of want to use. I'm currently using all of my steel rings, so I will be more than likely making a Cabela's trip tomorrow to burn that $150 gift card on some rings and then see if I can pickup a Nikon scope for a good price.

Oh and another thing I am all excited about! I got some nice parts on the way for my CETME, but the only one that is going to be here by the weekend is the scope mount. So I plan on dropping one of my red dots on it as soon as that comes in Friday.

There is going to be a nice selection of toys going to the range with me this time, and 2 of them are FALs. So I will definitely have to bring my Pennstate prone blanket

I am even thinking about taking a small grill with enough stuff for some dogs, and a cooler with some water/soda. Still up in there air on this one but it might be cool to do since the weather looks like it will be nice.

PS> IF we can do some bullseye, one of the toys I am taking is one of my 10/22s with a good amount of Wolf Match ! I am thinking pie plates, and the ultra small shoot n sees? Do you have a spotting scope? If not, that might be something I need to pick up. (I have been seriously neglecting my optics shortage on every front)
    Last edited by Fr0sty; November 13th, 2008 at 07:43 AM.

(Lebanon County)

Yeah, I have a small spotting scope, no problem. As far as a grill, if you bring it, we can run to Jonestown quick for any food needs. My FAL barrel is in the shop getting work done, but I'll bring the G3 along.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    Yeah, I have a small spotting scope, no problem. As far as a grill, if you bring it, we can run to Jonestown quick for any food needs. My FAL barrel is in the shop getting work done, but I'll bring the G3 along.
    Are your are getting it crowned?

(Lebanon County)

Yep, also reaming the gas port to .118 to compensate for barrel length.

(Lebanon County)

We are still a go for Saturday, rain or shine. I say we take advantage of the nice roof above our heads.

Oh and here is the new FAL with the Nikon mounted on it. I just had to get a 50mm, but mounting it was such a b1tch!! The B-Square rings I picked up totally suck.. The only bright side is I expected nothing less from B-Square. So now I have a nice Nikon, and a nice rifle to put in on, but a TERRIBLE way of mounting it.

You don't happen to have a pair of high mount 1" rings? I tried a pair of Millet steel rings I got years back during some shops going out of business sale, but they were just shy of the height I need.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lebanon County)

I just looked through my box of mounts & rings, I don't have anything that'll help you.
    So, now it's Saturday instead of Sunday, I think I can make it. I was all set for Sunday until I found out on Friday morning that we're going to celebrate my daughter's birthday on Sunday at 1:00. That pretty well kicks the shit out of the afternoon when it gets dark at 5:00, and there's not much sense in going out at 10:00 if I have to leave around noon. Now I don't have to miss shooting in the rain with my friends.
    I'll be running on about 3 hours sleep Saturday but I'll be there, perhaps a bit late, but I'll be there with my 6.5X55 BJ Ackley and a spotting scope. Maybe I'll take my Charger and some golf balls too.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I just looked through my box of mounts & rings, I don't have anything that'll help you.
    So, now it's Saturday instead of Sunday, I think I can make it. I was all set for Sunday until I found out on Friday morning that we're going to celebrate my daughter's birthday on Sunday at 1:00. That pretty well kicks the shit out of the afternoon when it gets dark at 5:00, and there's not much sense in going out at 10:00 if I have to leave around noon. Now I don't have to miss shooting in the rain with my friends.
    I'll be running on about 3 hours sleep Saturday but I'll be there, perhaps a bit late, but I'll be there with my 6.5X55 BJ Ackley and a spotting scope. Maybe I'll take my Charger and some golf balls too.

I just woke up, so I am going to be a little behind schedule. I also have to make a run to Shyda's to check into some rings before I head over. I think I maybe aiming for noonish?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    I just woke up, so I am going to be a little behind schedule. I also have to make a run to Shyda's to check into some rings before I head over. I think I maybe aiming for noonish?
    Damn! If I would've known that I could have napped until 10:00 instead of 9:00.
    Oh well, that gives me time to get a few other things done. I just might be there before you this time.

What's the roll call? So far it looks like Fr0sty, nijwnfi and myself. I'll call TheBuckslayer and Dextrimental to see if they're into shooting some wet paper too.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast