Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Smile Recommend a Range / Pistol Bag

The fun is getting closer. A bunch of buddies and I are going to start doing IDPA shots this summer. I would like to travel a bit and try some of the various ones in the state. I also plan on taking the girls to the range this year and getting them shooting. I hope to just hook up with some of you and throw some lead down range.

What I am looking for is a bag that will carry my pistol maybe two. Several magazines. Cleaning Gear if needed. Ammo, (about 200 rounds if not more). And a towel for my buddies to cry into when I whoop there butts at the IDPA matches. ( I guess I can leave the towel in the car, so forget that one )

Anyone have a bag that they love and would like to recommend. I've been shopping. But hard to tell by looking at them on the internet if they will do what I want.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Erie County)

Smile Re: Recommend a Range / Pistol Bag

Perfect for carrying even more of your gear to the range, this deluxe range bag features a heavy-duty nylon shell, heavy-duty coil zippers, adjustable dividers and a padded shoulder strap. Includes lower zippered pistol storage compartment.
    Size: 15" x 12" x 14"
    Color & Trim: Blue/Black $55.00
    http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/prod...ducts_id=34935

LEGUM SERVI SUMUS UT LIBERI ESSE POSSIMUS

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Recommend a Range / Pistol Bag

http://www.countycomm.com/BAILOUTBAGGEN5.htm

Should fit everything as well as a small blow out kit.

(Chester County)

I use a bag I got from the travel section in Macy's years ago. It works very well and I fit a lot of stuff. Before you buy one that is for guns go to the luggage section in a department store and see what they have. You might be surprised.

(Erie County)

Smile Re: Recommend a Range / Pistol Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I use a bag I got from the travel section in Macy's years ago. It works very well and I fit a lot of stuff. Before you buy one that is for guns go to the luggage section in a department store and see what they have. You might be surprised.
    In a way Lougotzz is right.You don't want to be too obvious when transporting a firearm and the department stores are a lot cheaper.Good thinking.
    LEGUM SERVI SUMUS UT LIBERI ESSE POSSIMUS

(Centre County)

While expensive i'll still throw the link out there.

http://www.blackhawk.com/category1.a...art=&priceend=

Above is Blackhawk's duty bag's. I use the Pro-Shooters bag, which is a nice size, well constructed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Chester County)

The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Cambria County)

I like the range bags guys. I also like the idea to check the luggage section of a dept. store. Some things are so obvious, you never think about it.

Anyone else got a suggestion. Good / Bad / recommend or not. Let me hear it. Save me the trouble of getting a bag I won't be happy with. Share your wealth of knowledge with me.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Delaware County)

Mtbkski believe it or not I actually got a good bag at K-Mart for $15 made by "Ingear" in the sporting goods dept. It has a hard plastic bottom inside that can be removed if ya want. It has two outside end compartments as well as one outside compartment on the front that top of is mesh and a pocket for pens or a cell phone. In it I carry ammo, paper towels, hand sanitizer, ear and eye protection, a large envelope with my own targets (printed from the web) a pack of gum and the plastic box my Kahr CW9 came in with an extra magazine in it with the manual. I could also put a couple pistols in there as well, but I carry mine in my pocket. It has both a shoulder strap and two hand straps that can be Velcro'd together depending on how you want to carry the bag. Carry's everything I need, mine is black and gray, they had other colors too.
    Last edited by soberbyker; March 13th, 2007 at 07:51 PM.

(Allegheny County)

That has me thinking... I have a wheeled duffel with telescoping handle that is currently keeping the dust off my paintball gear. That bag may work just as well as a range bag. It has several outer compartments and the bottom has stiff plastic reinforcement. I picked it up on clearance for about $10 several years back.

Right now, I use a decent plastic toolbox for my "stuff" and the firearms travel in a case by themselves.
    If one is on a budget, I was looking at toolboxes in Wal-Mart last week and saw a pretty sturdy one that was LARGE and had clear compartments on top that make it easy to find those earplugs, small screwdrivers and pens when you need them. The cost was roughly $12.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast