Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Target Shooting

(Delaware County)

Default Target Shooting

Hey there, hope all is well in your neck of the commonwealth. Last night I took my CW9 out to the range for the fourth time since I bought it three weeks ago. I go to Firing Line on Front Street in south Philly. Each time I've gone I've put about 150 rounds thru the pipe. Until last night I have been shooting steady held shots. Last night I included some rapid fire using two 7 round mags. I shot 2 to 4 mags at each target. The top three targets are all two handed steady shooting while the bottom three are a combo of rapid and steady fire. There are no markers at this range I can only guess I had my targets between 10 & 20 yards. The CW9 is my first automatic hand gun, I have had revolvers in the past and have shot many rifles and shotguns as well. I'm still getting used to how small this gun is. All in all for only the fourth time using this weapon I don't think I did too bad.

(York County)

Default Re: Target Shooting

Looks like you did about as good as I did with my new semi-auto.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Looks like you did about as good as I did with my new semi-auto.
    Yea, I'm learning and enjoying it. I wanted a small pocket carry gun, actually went to the gun shop for a Kahr PM9 but that was just too small, so I got the Kahr CW9 instead. Nice gun, no problems so far (looking for wood to knock on, guess I'll just have to use my head) still small enough for my pocket but a little more to hold onto.

(Dauphin County)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow - what a ride!"

Basically, you only need two tools: WD40 and DUCT-TAPE. If it doesn't move and should ... WD40. If it moves and shouldn't ... DUCT-TAPE."And a prayer!"

Grandpa was a preacher for 70 years..and I swear that lousy internet tag-line was his true belief of the Lord's intentions. He died at the age of 98. I can't remember a single instant that he 'preached' to me about anything. Go fiqure. Rev. Truman Crist-St Thomas Church of Christ-Linglestown, PA Miss him dearly.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by luckyned7 View Post

Grandpa was a preacher for 70 years..and I swear that lousy internet tag-line was his true belief of the Lord's intentions. He died at the age of 98. I can't remember a single instant that he 'preached' to me about anything. Go fiqure. Rev. Truman Crist-St Thomas Church of Christ-Linglestown, PA Miss him dearly.
    I do live by that creed most days, I would like to know why you call it a "lousy Internet tag-line" though

(Bucks County)

Not bad shooting -- I'm sure the Bad Guy at the other end wouldn't be happy.

If you want the rapid fire groups to look just like the slow fire groups (same shape, but slightly expanded), then we need to bring in Andy Stanford's "Surgical Speed Shooting" class to this area. I consider that class one of my two "core classes" for shooting fundamentals.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Not bad shooting -- I'm sure the Bad Guy at the other end wouldn't be happy.

If you want the rapid fire groups to look just like the slow fire groups (same shape, but slightly expanded), then we need to bring in Andy Stanford's "Surgical Speed Shooting" class to this area. I consider that class one of my two "core classes" for shooting fundamentals.
    Thanks D, although not as good as in person I just bought Andy's book.

Here are my latest targets (From 3-23-07), one 7 round clip at each bullseye, steady two hand shots, around 10 yrds.

(click to make photo larger)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I consider that class one of my two "core classes" for shooting fundamentals.
    Andy's SSS is one class, what is the other?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Andy's SSS is one class, what is the other?
    http://www.tridentconcepts.com/index...ative%20Pistol

Jeff Gonzales's "Combative Pistol (CP1)"

...will be in DE in May, incidentally.

(Delaware County)

Default FIRST TIME OUT

Bought a new tomcat a few weeks ago and this is the result with the target at 20 feet. Started out slow..standing, two hand grip..and progressed to pulling the trigger as fast as I could.

I like this mousegun a lot. Fits the hand real well and disappears in the front pocket of my jeans.