Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 Signed by Governor Corbett!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has been signed into law by Governor Corbett. Municipalities can now be held liable for firearms laws on the books which are in direct violation of the state's preemption laws. To link to continuing discussion on the new law, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old October 17th, 2008, 03:41 PM

(Lehigh County)
etep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond repute
Question most affordable gun shop in lehigh valley

Hi, I was interested in getting a ruger 10 22 rifle with a scope. I live in the lehigh valley (in Emmaus) and I wanted to know which gun shop offers the lowest price on .22 rifles. Thanks

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old October 17th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Grand Member

(Lehigh County)
LastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: most affordable gun shop in lehigh valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
Hi, I was interested in getting a ruger 10 22 rifle with a scope. I live in the lehigh valley (in Emmaus) and I wanted to know which gun shop offers the lowest price on .22 rifles. Thanks
Your best bet is to determine the configuration of the 10/22 rifle you want and shop around. There are gun shows almost weekly in the area, check the classifieds, stop in at a few shops out of the Emmaus area.
Good luck.
Old October 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM

(Lehigh County)
etep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond reputeetep513 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
Your best bet is to determine the configuration of the 10/22 rifle you want and shop around. There are gun shows almost weekly in the area, check the classifieds, stop in at a few shops out of the Emmaus area.
Good luck.
How many different configurations are there? It would be nice to have one with a good scope on it. Do gun shows typically offer better deals than the stores do? This will be my first firearms purchase, so I don't know everything that there is to know about guns.
Old October 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Grand Member

(Lehigh County)
LastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond reputeLastManOut has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
How many different configurations are there? It would be nice to have one with a good scope on it. Do gun shows typically offer better deals than the stores do? This will be my first firearms purchase, so I don't know everything that there is to know about guns.
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...ding&famlst=39

Besides the factory options available, some used models have been personalized, scopes, stocks, sights, etc.

You are taking the best first step to owning a firearm, educating yourself first. Look into a safety class, i.e. PA hunter safety course. There are tons of shooting and safety tips on this forum, just search around.
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
mrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond repute

If you dont mind shopping at Walmart, Walmart sells lots of 10/22's including the upscale ones with the laminated stocks for just about$159 or so .They also carry a large selection of scopes from around $20 on up .

Cant beat that.

I believe the Walmart in your area the one on Route 222 or 22 sells Guns, If not the one in my Area , East Stroudsburg has lots of Guns.

Nyman
Old October 17th, 2008, 07:26 PM

(Lehigh County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
If you dont mind shopping at Walmart, Walmart sells lots of 10/22's including the upscale ones with the laminated stocks for just about$159 or so .They also carry a large selection of scopes from around $20 on up .

Cant beat that.

I believe the Walmart in your area the one on Route 222 or 22 sells Guns, If not the one in my Area , East Stroudsburg has lots of Guns.

Nyman
I heard that the Walmart that I always go to stopped selling firearms since there was too much paperwork involved. But it could just be the walmart in my area.
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:33 AM

(Lehigh County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post

Cant beat that.

Nyman
I already called up a few walmarts and they told me that they stopped selling all types of firearms.
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
mrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the Walmart in EastStroudsburg, it will be about 40+ mles from you , they just Got a whole fresh lot in , Marlin model 60, some sweet Henry lever guns, Ruger 10/22, Berreta shotguns, Mossbergs, Savages etc. Its worth the trip imo.

Nyman
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:07 AM

(Monroe County)
hipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond repute

The Wal Mart in Easton just off 33 still has firearms also. Might be closer then going to E. Stroudsburg.

later,
AJ
Old October 20th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
Exbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond reputeExbiker has a reputation beyond repute

Meyers Gun Shop
Hours: 6 PM - 9 PM Daily Monday - Wednesday
Closed Thursday - Sunday
Bath, PA 18014
Phone: 610-837-6376

They show the 10/22 model #1211 at $229.00.

Do your search here and look for quotes. That will give you an idea of price. Both retail then shop quote.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/Default.aspx