Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default 12th Congressional District

We have 22 days untill the general election.
    Please join with me to help William Russell unseat the tratior John Murtha from 12th Congressional District.
    This is a very important Congressional seat that would help the pro-firearms cause.
    http://www.russellbrigade.com
    Please contact me ed at estephan dot net if you can help.
    I would like to get some help going door to door 18-19, 25-26 October and 1-2 November 2008

I will be picking up T-Shirts and hand-outs on Friday 17 October

Thank You
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 12th Congressional District

This is kind of a shame in a way from a gun standpoint because Murtha, despite being a horrible person does have an A rating from the NRA. They don't even have the other guy listed.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    This is kind of a shame in a way from a gun standpoint because Murtha, despite being a horrible person does have an A rating from the NRA. They don't even have the other guy listed.
    Kim Stofer has talked to Bill at length and Bill is being endorsed by FOAC
    I have been a member of FOAC for quite a few years and work some of the gun show tables where I always have 50+ or more of the Gun Rights Fliers.
    Ed
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Kim Stofer has talked to Bill at length and Bill is being endorsed by FOAC
    I have been a member of FOAC for quite a few years and work some of the gun show tables where I always have 50+ or more of the Gun Rights Fliers.
    Ed
    Well if Kim and FOAC approve that's enough for me!
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Washington County)

I met him this past Friday night at our towns festival and we talked for a while. He seems like the guy for me after meeting him.
    G19/G23/ G26/G27/Walther P22/NAA 22LR /2 Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS/Mosbrg. 715T

(Allegheny County)

There isn't any substantive difference between the two candidates as far as gun rights go, since Murtha has always been pretty reliably pro-gun. Looking over the other issues that Russell has outlined on his website I don't see anything particularly appealing to me personally, so I think I'll be sticking with Murtha this time around.

Besides which, there is a certain appeal to electing pro-gun Democrats. Arguably having pro-gunners in the Democratic party shooting down the anti-gunners from the inside is worth more than several pro-gun Republicans on the outside. If they can't even get their own party to support such policies, what hope do they have?

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    There isn't any substantive difference between the two candidates as far as gun rights go, since Murtha has always been pretty reliably pro-gun. Looking over the other issues that Russell has outlined on his website I don't see anything particularly appealing to me personally, so I think I'll be sticking with Murtha this time around.

Besides which, there is a certain appeal to electing pro-gun Democrats. Arguably having pro-gunners in the Democratic party shooting down the anti-gunners from the inside is worth more than several pro-gun Republicans on the outside. If they can't even get their own party to support such policies, what hope do they have?
    Murtha's record on guns is luke warm at best.
    I'm looking at the other things he's done like the condemnation of Marine my brothers that are suing over Murtha’s comments of Marines at Haditha, Iraq “killing innocent civilians in cold blood.”

Companies receiving federal earmarks have donated to Rep. Murtha’s campaign committee and PAC. Advanced Acoustic Concepts, Conemaugh Health Systems, DRS Technologies, L. Robert Kimball, MTS Technologies, and Windber Research Institute donated to Rep. Murtha and were the recipients of earmarks in the FY 2008 Defense Appropriations bill.

Murtha was named an "unindicted co-conspirator" in Abscam.
    He’s also one of the most corrupt politicians in the country
    Just my 2¢
    Ed

(Armstrong County)

Come on folks
    I could use some help getting the word out
    Ed

(Armstrong County)

Sorry folks, I just found out today my spam filters have been blocking some emails from Verizon and other ISP's
    Insetad of emailing me please PM me if you can help this weekend and next.
    If your email got blocked please add your email to the PM so I can add it to my White List
    Thank You
    Ed

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    There isn't any substantive difference between the two candidates as far as gun rights go, since Murtha has always been pretty reliably pro-gun.
    This is pretty much correct, and claims to the contrary are dishonest, or at least ignorant at best.

Looking over the other issues that Russell has outlined on his website I don't see anything particularly appealing to me personally, so I think I'll be sticking with Murtha this time around.

Well, let's see:

Here’s where Bill stands on key family policy issues:

Supports a Human Life Amendment to the Constitution recognizing the personhood of unborn children, and extending legal protection to all innocent life.

Supports gunowner freedoms clearly enumerated by the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. He opposes any effort to strip or redefine these rights by courts and legislatures.

Supports a Federal Marriage Protection Amendment preventing activist judges from repealing the definition of marriage as “the union of one man and one woman.”

- Right, so he wants to define life and marriage based on faith and to alter the sacred document of the Constitution to do it, ignoring the First Amendment implications, but he's a strong supporter of the 2A? This isn't a buffet line, you take an apple, you're stuck with the oranges too.

Supports the appointment of judges who strictly interpret the Constitution, not legislate from the bench. - Um, does this mean judges that will toss out the notion that the Federal Govt has any business defining marriage? Oh wait, you didn't mean that part of the document? Silly me.

He looks like your standard Neocon on the WoT, but his economic/financial policy looks pretty okay on paper. He's definitely not a slam dunk.

I actually agree with that, but I try not to base my vote on that alone. Though Murtha, at least on paper, has a lot of very appealing stances on issues such as homeland security/WoT, privacy and education (similar to Russell's in a way).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast