Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Thinking of upgrading my DPMS

I am thinking about adding a Badger Ord stabilizer handguard or a Daniel Defense rail to my already super accurate DPMS LR. This is by far my favorite toy...my other rifles are very accurate, but this is my baby. This is how it currently looks, but I think some new enhancements will help her shoot even better. I have a Magpul PRS stock (well worth the price) and JP adjustable trigger. Scope is a Nikon 4.5x14 mildot Buckmaster...grip is a Royal Arms...feels very nice for a right handed shooter.

Dang Sy, that's an amazing looking rifle there. It looks like something I've shot on the videogame silent scope, lol. I think the grip and the buttstock really add alot to it. I've also seen some of the groups that you can shoot with that rifle, and it's impressive. Take care and I can't wait to see any improvements you make.

Tommy, it is funny that you mentioned silent scope...I played it last week...great video game...the rifle that they use is a PSG-1 type. I honestly believe that the DPMS LR 308 is the best bang for the buck...I paid dealer cost of $800 for my 18" model and it is by far my favorite rifle. It can keep up with or outshoot my bolt action rifles. That is one of the reasons why I am selling some of my rifles...I figured I have a semi that shoots so well and I can free up some needed space.

I decided on the Badger Ordnance Stabilizer hardguard because it has a flat bottom...will be awesome on the bench with bags. I dislike how BD is the only place to buy the DPMS barrel nut that I need to install the handguard...that piece alone will cost me $50...considering I will have a part for an Armalite that I will have no use for...oh well. I shall post pictures once the handguard has been installed.