Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old October 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM

(Westmoreland County)
Mastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Colt Peacekeeper?

A friend of mine ran across one at a gun shop way way to expensive for him or me but i am curious as to if anyone knows anything about them i mean i know its a .357 thats about it the owner knew nothing about it but it looks like an awesome gun so in my ever growing curiousity i wanted to go to the experts her. just curious any one know anything about them how many were made or when they were made just curious?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old October 9th, 2008, 10:11 PM

(Monroe County)
hipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond reputehipowr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colt Peacekeeper?

The Peacekeeper was a contemporary introduction with Smith's 586. It was offered as Colt's reasonably priced wheelgun with a basic finish and a lower cost then the Python. It was meant to be the lower end of the price spectrum, a service revolver. I recall as a teenage gun nut tormenting myself whether I wanted a Peacekeeper or a 586 more as the prices were almost identical (NIB for about $220 wholesale). I ended up going with the 586 and to this day have never owned or shot a Peacekeeper and I can't recall the last time I even saw one in person. I'm sure it would be a solid reliable firearm if the price were right. I'm also sure it would be slightly more valuable then many wheelguns these days just since Colt is out of the round gun business.

later,
AJ
Old October 10th, 2008, 10:07 AM

(Westmoreland County)
Mastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond reputeMastiff4570 has a reputation beyond repute

awesome thanks!
Old October 10th, 2008, 02:59 PM

(Philadelphia County)
smoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond reputesmoke-wagon has a reputation beyond repute

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=112001059

looks to me like a trooper MKV or king cobra (v frame) with a low grade finish. i haven't seen one of those before.
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:13 PM

(Montgomery County)
natewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant futurenatewal4430 has a brilliant future

Available in 4 and 6 inch with the parkerized finish. Like stated before, was no where near the quality of the Python. It is basically a Trooper Mk V, with a different finish and name stamp. It was in production for 3 years in the mid 80's so while not common, the Peacekeeper isn't all that rare. Depending on condition, $550 is about as high as I would go. JMHO

Nate
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Grand Member

(Bedford County)
BUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh..."Colt talk" my favorite!

V frame gun like the Trooper as mentioned.

Made 1985-1987.

There are AT LEAST 3 reasonable stories as to how the gun got it's finish...

Best story: Colt polishers were on strike. The guns were blasted and then finished to allow the few polishers to work on the other model guns. Colt also released a few other "blasted" "matte" guns but they were not re-named...thats why this story makes the most sense.

#2 Colt wanted a gun to compete with Rugers' lower prices.

#3 Guns were supposed to ship to the Border Patrol.

The Peacekeeper was still a good gun and the internals are the same as the more expensive Trooper.

These used guns are bringing a decent price, but I have found quite a few in the $500 range....which puts you right in the Ruger GP100 S&W 686 window.

Funny thing, most of the complaints about this gun is the matte finish...and now S&W is putting out matte guns such as the Night Guard and M&P lines.
I like em!
Old October 12th, 2008, 07:06 PM

(Westmoreland County)

I like the gun it feels like a trooper then you pull the trigger its just so cool looking and the story about the strike makes me want more it seems liek a cool piece of history and i am all about guns with a story i guess i would be one of those peopl with a gun that is not that great just cuase its got a good story behind it i bought a police trade in glock 22 instead of a used glock 23 cause i knew the officer who had carried it and thought was cool but anyway its cool. i have just been curious and you guys are awesome at telling me stories thanks!