Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 Signed by Governor Corbett!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has been signed into law by Governor Corbett. Municipalities can now be held liable for firearms laws on the books which are in direct violation of the state's preemption laws. To link to continuing discussion on the new law, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 26th, 2007, 09:05 PM

(Philadelphia County)
glock19 is on a distinguished road
Default Compensated Barrel Glock 19

I was wondering does anybody have an opinion on them are they better or just not worth the money? I have a Glock 19 are there any compensated barrel for my gun?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

(Allegheny County)
JustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond reputeJustinM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Compensated Barrel Glock 19

You don't need a compensated barrel. It will ruin your night vision if you have to shoot at night, and if you shoot from retention, the hot gasses will get redirected into your face.
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

(Beaver County)
avizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond reputeavizpls has a reputation beyond repute

Of course his concerns are for a defensive pistol. If you are just going to be doing target, a C model is totally fine.
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Grand Member

(Bedford County)
BUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond repute

I think he already has a G19, and was just looking at a after market comp. bbl.

IMHO, you won't notice much difference in recoil. Better off to use that money for more ammo.
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Banned

(Philadelphia County)
MarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to all

Don't bother with aftermarket parts for glocks. You're not going to make them any more reliable, so that leaves the alternative.

Comps are superfluous for most duty calibers and have the drawbacks mentioned by jmateer. Any pistol which could potentially be used for self defense is a defensive pistol. I doubt our friend is buying a Glock 19 with a race gun in mind
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:57 PM

(York County)
jackbauer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock19 View Post
I was wondering does anybody have an opinion on them are they better or just not worth the money? I have a Glock 19 are there any compensated barrel for my gun?
Nah, just stick with the stock weapon, You don't want a compensated pistol in a defensive situation. You've made a good choice w/ the glock. Ugly, but extremely reliable.
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Banned

(Philadelphia County)
MarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to allMarcS is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauer View Post
Ugly, but extremely reliable.
I like to say "beautiful in their simplicity"
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:14 PM

(York County)
jackbauer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
I like to say "beautiful in their simplicity"
I'd say that would be an excellent way of putting it!!!
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

(Lawrence County)
Lycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond reputeLycanthrope has a reputation beyond repute

There are some EXTREMELY flat shooting Glocks out there. A good comp will work wonders.

Old February 27th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Grand Member

(York County)
RoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond reputeRoyJackson has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 19C. I bought it used as a compensated model.
Frankly, I wouldn't spend any extra money on a compensated 9mm but would buy one (used) if the price was good.
If you have a standard 19, you'd need both the barrel and slide (you'd need the compensation slots milled in the slide).
Since I do use this gun for CCW (and I do recognize the disadvantages for a compensated handgun in a self defense situation), I've thought about buying a standard barrel to replace the compensated barrel.

9mm just doesn't recoil that much unless you're shooting really hot loads (which I don't). I will say the gun stays right on target though!