Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old September 19th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

(Westmoreland County)
RocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Battle Stations! I'm under attack by Chipmunks!

We'll, actually just one! But one's quite enough! LOL

My damn cat decided it would be a good idea to bring in a live Grinnie and then release it in the house! Now as you may know...a house has a lot of places for a forest rodent to hide! And now the freakin' cat don't seem care! He's like what ever...because I yelled at him! So now, I gotta go home tonight and get my bad mitten racket and my flash light and find the little bastard before it goes berserk and rips up the house or dies from unknown injuries sustained from said cat! The worst thing is that my cat is a kill for thrills cat! he eats good...hell, he weighs 20 lbs! So he just goes out and kills birds, bunnies, moles, chipmunks and an occasional squirrel just for fun. he's kinda like a Spetsnaz cat! LOL Anyway, the dog can smell the chippy in the house but he can't seem to locate where it's hiding either. If worse come to worse, what caliber do you guys recommend for indoor Chipmunk shooting?

This is the culprit!

Last edited by RocketFoot; September 19th, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old September 19th, 2008, 01:12 PM

00leland00 has much to be proud of00leland00 has much to be proud of00leland00 has much to be proud of00leland00 has much to be proud of00leland00 has much to be proud of00leland00 has much to be proud of00leland00 has much to be proud of00leland00 has much to be proud of00leland00 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Battle Stations! I'm under attack by Chipmunks!

Lol. That pic of your cat looks like, "Yeah I did it. What you gonna do about it?"
Acacia Lodge #452 F&AM, Savannah, GA

Georgiacarry.org supporting member
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Grand Member

P89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond reputeP89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
If worse come to worse, what caliber do you guys recommend for indoor Chipmunk shooting?
If you must shoot it I would say a BB gun...a rat trap would be an suggested alternative.

My cats never go outside, they'd never survive a minute. The nieghbor has two outside cats who have been chasing a illusive chipmunk for the last month or so. I was sitting on my front porch one day when the one cat actually caught it, took it over to the nieghbors doorstep, put it down, eventullay wandered off and that damn chipmunk hopped up and took off.
That little bastard played dead for a good 5 or so minutes. I hope it's the same one in my wood pile. I seen him when I was shooting my bow, wasn't willing to waste an arrow to waste him, would much rather do it with the air rifle. He's gonna be a goner sooner or later. For such a little creature they do ton of damage.
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Philadelphia County)
ShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond reputeShakeyDad has a reputation beyond repute

This is my personal recomendation :

just don't miss...........

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
As long as it's gun oil.~Michele
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Grand Member

(Cumberland County)
daschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond reputedaschnoz has a reputation beyond repute

You could always burn the house down. That would get rid of the little fkr.

I would go with a pellet gun. Use a lead pellet - not a BB. BB's will bounce around. Just make sure you anchor him. You don't want him to run behind the china closet and die.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Grand Member

(Berks County)
billamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond reputebillamj has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking that 50AE is your best bet... I mean there is no where in the house where the little azz clown can hide from you with one of those babies...

USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Patron, SASS #75267, Charter Member HCA
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM

(Bucks County)
ihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond reputeihunt49 has a reputation beyond repute

I would stick with the time tested mouse trap with peanut butter as bait.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334

22 ratshot works for bats inside my house... I'm sure it'd work on a chippy.
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

(Westmoreland County)
RocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond reputeRocketFoot has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Desert Eagle soft air gun...but I wanna kill 'em, not piss 'em off! LOL I once shot a mouse with a 10 pump air rifle (3 pumps) and dropped him where he stood...I was like a living room sniper poised over the back of the arm chair in my old apartment. He was in the kitchen, so I used the 4 power scope and picked him off without any collateral damage! LOL
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
Hawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond reputeHawk has a reputation beyond repute

Set a trap. A bucket of water 1/3 of the way filled. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top of the water and create a little ramp up to the top of the bucket and place one or two seeds at the top of the ramp. The chippy will smell the seeds go up the ramp and (they will) dive in for the rest of the seeds and not be able to get back out, eventually drowning, or if you catch it in time take him outside and set him free. Make sure you lock up the dog and cat away from the trap (over night)