Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Beretta cheetah model 84

I was thinking about getting one of these for my wife for concealed carry. I never shot one and I was wondering about reliability and accuracy. We checked one out the other day and she loved how it fit her hand, and the fact that it had a safety. They also has a Sig model P-232 which I liked better except for the magazine release. Any advice would be appreciated. I realize a 380 isn't exactly the greatest self defense round but my wife feels more comfortable with the smaller gun.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Beretta cheetah model 84

How did she do racking the slide on the 232? I have one and that's a stiff slide to rack. My wife doesn't like it. Two other possibilities are the Bersa Thunder .380 and the CZ 83 .380. Easier sldes to rack. The CZ is a little thick in the grip due to double stacked, 12 rd mags. But if she likes something smaller with a lot of safety built in then check out the Bersa. All three have the same amount of accuracy in my hands. The triggers are decent on all three, though the Sig and the CZ are smoother. I have all three and like them all. The Sig is what I carry almost all the time.

Kevin in Pa

(Delaware County)

I own the beretta model 85fs which I carried for a while,I liked the gun til I bought my M+P 40, anyway my wife could not pull the slide back or release the slide,
    I would recomend going and rent a couple different pistols at a range and see what she is comfortable shooting with.

(Northampton County)

I bought the 84FS for my wife in .380. She's a small woman and loves the fit. The problem is that I've grown fond of it too. I carry that Cheetah more often than my Sig220 & 226. We have 2000+ rounds through it without a problem. Accuracy...how good of a shot is your wife??