Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 21st, 2007, 09:07 PM

(Allegheny County)
njj15025 will become famous soon enoughnjj15025 will become famous soon enough
Default GLOCK OR SPRINGFIELD XD

I AM LOOKIN INTO GETTIN A GLOCK 22 OR A SPRINGFIELD XD 40. I WAS SET ON A GLOCK TILL I HELD THE XD AND IT FELT PRETTY GOOD BUT SOMETHING IS STILL MAKING ME LEAN TOWARD THE GLOCK. I DID NOT GET TO SHOOT THE XD YET BUT I AM GOIN TO TRY TO TOMORROW. I HAVE SHOT GLOCKS BEFORE AND I THINK THEY ARE GREAT GUNS.I AM JUS LOOKING FOR SOME OPINIONS / COMMENTS. ANY KINDA OF INFO ANYONE GOT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED.
THANKS

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 21st, 2007, 09:25 PM
Grand Member

(Erie County)
KeithPA has much to be proud ofKeithPA has much to be proud ofKeithPA has much to be proud ofKeithPA has much to be proud ofKeithPA has much to be proud ofKeithPA has much to be proud ofKeithPA has much to be proud ofKeithPA has much to be proud ofKeithPA has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to KeithPA
Default Re: GLOCK OR SPRINGFIELD XD

XD

I like the additional grip safety. Glocks trigger pull is shorter but a little less crisp. Other than that they isn't that much of a difference.
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:27 PM

(Allegheny County)
yobos4vr is on a distinguished road

either one is great, however make sure the xd is new. i'm not sure when but the new xd's have the new finish either melanite or tennifer not sure i get them confused. i used to have one and the old finish was just blue'd. it was bad leave it in the truck overnight and it would have a layer of rust. springfield will refinish if it's a problem. me i just traded mine for an m&p.
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:34 PM

(Dauphin County)
luckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond reputeluckyned7 has a reputation beyond repute

S!
(forgive grammar) I myself am at a loss about all the hubbub-bub. I recently looked into the Springfield just to see what all the hubbub was about. Without benefit of being a gun-guru or a gun writer..the first thing I didn't like was the full lenght grip..ok..now I see they made a shorter version. I love my Springfield 1911 but the XP appears as a GLOCK clone(lets get in on that). Cool feature to me the non-pro. Xtra grip safety and the "gee-look it IS loaded feature". I don't know-maybe it fuctions better or is cheaper or comes with a bigger mag..or comes in non-glock calibers. I'm not buying. Course-I already gave my money to Springfield Custom shop and tell Kathy I said "hi". Gots to tell..that was as sweet as dealing with S&W! Very nice service..one rep throughout the transaction. I didn't take S&W deal but that was a special circumstance and I won't repeat that here. They went out on the ledge and I appreciate that! WTG Springfield and S&W

Last edited by luckyned7; February 21st, 2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spellar
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:28 AM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
LorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond reputeLorDiego01 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to LorDiego01 Send a message via Yahoo to LorDiego01

I'd go for an XD. Its a heck of a lot less fugly than any Glock you'll ever see. Plus, it lives up to the Glock's torture tests.

You cant go wrong with an XD.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:29 AM

(Allegheny County)
87vert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 87vert

glock, alot better aftermarket and glock will fix anything on it for the cost of shipping
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:23 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Platinum Supporter

(Tioga County)
rwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond reputerwilson452 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the XD Service in 45ACP. It just fit my hand better. To me the real difference is in personal fit. Yes, I like the trigger on the XD better, it's crisper. I still sent it off for a trigger job to lighten it up. The more I shoot it, the better the trigger becomes. The down side is it absolutley, positively will not feed LSWC bullets. It does feed moly, plated, or jacketed anything. I hear Glock says don't shoot bare lead bullet in their's either.

My advice is pick the one that fits your hand better.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:43 PM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
Rule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond reputeRule10b5 has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of reliability they're identical.

The Glock has a longer track record, and more (and cheaper) aftermarket parts and magazines.

The XD trigger is much better, the grip is more ergonomic, and the stock sights are nice and solid. They seem a bit more accurate than the Glocks do.

I've owned quite a few Glocks over the years. I sold most of them when I bought my first XD.

In my opinion, the XD is far, far superior -- not because the people who designed it are geniuses or anything, it's just that the Glock hasn't really been updated since it was designed (adding finger grooves and light rail are meaningless to me). The XD took all of the good stuff from the Glock, none of the bad, and added a few cool extras.

I like to think that the XD is what the Glock would be if it had been designed in the late 1990s.
The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 04:23 PM

(Luzerne County)
Holleta will become famous soon enoughHolleta will become famous soon enough

My answer is yes, as they are both the correct answer. Hold...might I say fondle both and see which feels "right" to you. Nobody else can tell you that answer.
Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
"Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple
Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:31 PM

(Westmoreland County)
mjd932 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holleta View Post
My answer is yes, as they are both the correct answer. Hold...might I say fondle both and see which feels "right" to you. Nobody else can tell you that answer.

Exactly. I was torn between a G26 and XD9-SC until I was able to hold both of them side by side. The XD just fit my hand better. Definitely fondle both of them...fondling guns is good...mmm...