Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: GLOCK OR SPRINGFIELD XD

Glock hands down.

Any monkey can detail strip one, they are reliable as hell, and the finish beats the XD in my opinion. I liked the XD's until I actually held one.

(Lawrence County)

The Glock and XD, while they look similar, are very different beasts.

The XD has a grip angle/bore axis very close to the 1911 style platform. The Glock causes you to torque the wrists forward more to bring the sights into alignment. This can result in less felt recoil, but is very uncomfortable for some shooters.

The XD is single action. The striker is fully cocked which is why the trigger break is a bit cleaner. The Glocks striker is partly cocked with the trigger pull. Despite this, a Glock can be brought down to about 3.5lbs for $20 worth of aftermarket parts. Glock has a much larger aftermaket base.

In my experience, the XD tends to be a bit more accurate....and it has an external safety (grip safety).

The XD is safe to shoot large quantities of lead rounds out of while the Glock is not, due to the polygonal rifling. A high quality aftermarket barrel for a Glock that will shoot lead can be had for $100.

Both are worthy competition pistols. The Glock and XD (#1 and #2 respectively) were the reigning choice of USPSA shooters this year at the Nationals. Rob Leatham won Production division with a XD. David Sevigny won Limited division with a Glock.

Never heard of an XD having a KB. Glocks....well........

I'd buy whichever one I shot best with, not which one feels best......unless you enjoy carrying them more than shooting them.

Both are very modern firearms. Of course the fastest gun on the planet really hasn't been changed much.....since 1911.

(Lehigh County)

I went throught the same thing a few months ago. I was set on getting a Glock, but ounce i held both of them went with the XD. Great gun never a problem so far.

(Montgomery County)

XD, IMHO they are more accurate.

My friend groups better with my XD then his own Glock.

(Westmoreland County)

I've never shot a Glock but I love my XD-40. If I had to do it over again, I might go with a .45 but I still love the little bastard. Firing pin indicator and loaded chamber indicator are the greatest features I could have hoped for.

Very happy with my purchase.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

What kills me about the XD is when it was the HS-2000 you could buy them all day for $250.00. Then Springfield got involved, jacked up the price $200.00+ to pay for all their advertising, now it's the greatest thing since Monday Night Football. Bill T.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    What kills me about the XD is when it was the HS-2000 you could buy them all day for $250.00. Then Springfield got involved, jacked up the price $200.00+ to pay for all their advertising, now it's the greatest thing since Monday Night Football. Bill T.
    Tell me about it. I saw a used XD9 listed for about $100 over what I bought mine for new. Made me want to sell it and get my USP I have been drooling over

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    I hear thats not really the case, or at least its not as simple as that. The HS-2000 and the XD are different enough to warrant the extra $200. Finish, and quality of parts being what comes to mind.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Finish is the main beef against other XD models, which was fixed with the XD45. I own a XD45 would not hesitate to recommend one to anybody looking for a .45 Great pistol. As to if its better then a Glock, well, of course it is.....

(Berks County)

I have Glocks and I have an XD. For me the XD just fits my hand better. That doesn't mean that I will be getting rid of the Glocks, I intend to keep them all. It is all personal preference. I know guys who won't shoot anything but Glocks and I know guys who won't shoot Glocks ever. Try the both and buy what feels good and shoots well for you.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast