Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Where in the heck is the "How to post pic" post, please.

S! All

Say that 10 times real fast. I see the upload pic via the hosting softwear (Great feature) but now how do I get my upload pic into my post? Could of sworn I posted of few before but can't seem to get it now..send help, please.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Where in the heck is the "How to post pic" post, please.

When making a post off to the right of the box you type into you should see a section labeled "My Photos" if you click the "Open" link you'll get a listing of your photos and when you click one it should insert into the post.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(York County)

right click on the pic you want to post. This can be anywhere on the web as long as the host allows it to be hot linked.

then click Properties.

then copy the address (URL)

paste this in the box from or put it between [ IMG] Paste URL here [ /IMG] (leave out the spaces after the two [ )

Ned:

You have three basic options.
    • You can attach a picture to the actual post. The picture will stay with the post, and has a size limitation. To use this options, hit the "manage attachments" button below the post text area, or the paperclip button above the text.

• You can place a URL in the post that causes the picture to display with the text. If you choose this option, avoid large pictures, as they will crowd out text. A typical htm image string looks like this:

[IMG]ht-tp://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r290/PA_Rifleman/misc/att1.jpg[/IMG]

Note the hyphen in the http -- this is to prevent your computer from interpreting this as an image command. Also note on this forum, you image URL must begin with [IMG] and end with [/IMG]
    • My favorite-nested or linked pictures. Here, a small picture, typically just big enough to recognize the subject appears. It has very poor resolution, and simply tells you where to look. This abbreviated picture, called a thumbnail or icon, is a hotlink to a bigger image. An example appears below.

If you pass your mouse over this image, the pointer should change indicating it's linked elsewhere. If you click on it, it shoud open a picture of a silly political roadsign. To make this type of image, your URL string is nested like this:
      [U-RL="ht-tp://www.yourimagehost.com/big_image_name_here.jpg"[IMG]ht-tp://www.yourimagehost.com/thumbnail_image_name_here.jpg[/IMG][URL]

Remove all of the hyphens, as I added them to prevent interpretation. You'll need an imaging host. Your ISP should offer a paltry amount, typically somwhere 10-25 MB depending on their generosity. Another option if your code-imparied is Photo Bucket (http://photobucket.com/). It's free, and can auto-copy the code into your cache when manually coding images in posts and html.

How soon can we expect pictures from ye, Ned?

(Dauphin County)

Thanks guys! I'm too tired to attempt anything remotely frustrating anymore today but I will follow those blocks of instructions until I can post pics. It sure is nice to have the "hosting" feature on this website. Thanks again!