Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old August 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Grand Member

(Berks County)
mjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to mjfletcher Send a message via AIM to mjfletcher Send a message via MSN to mjfletcher Send a message via Yahoo to mjfletcher
Default Marlin 122

Gotta love barter, 20 mins of computer work and a promise for help with the eventual (read its never gonna get done lol) replacement of a wood and corrugated plastic porch roof got me a Marlin 122.
Quote:
The book: "Marlin Firearms: A History of the Guns and the Company That Made Them" states their model 122 auto-safe .22 single shot bolt action was made from 1962 thru 1965, and that 5648 were made in that time frame. The model 122 is the same as Sears models 103.274, 103.275, and 103.2751.
Isn't she pretty?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old August 29th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Grand Member

(Luzerne County)
normanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marlin 122

Looks good. Didn't you say it needed ome work?
Old August 29th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Grand Member

(Berks County)
mjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond reputemjfletcher has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to mjfletcher Send a message via AIM to mjfletcher Send a message via MSN to mjfletcher Send a message via Yahoo to mjfletcher

The guy I got it from said there was something wrong with it because he couldn't get the bolt to come out. My Google-fu found me the Marlin Collectors Association, it turns out the bolt isn't released with the trigger, you have to remove the stock to get at the bolt release, no external access to it. I ran out of shots on the disposable camera before I got to taking it apart to snap a few of the bolt release and trigger assembly.

Shes in perfect working order, still gonna get a friend that refinishes guns and does his own gunsmithing (except for any fabrication) to give it a once over before I fire it just to be safe.
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Grand Member

(Luzerne County)
normanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond repute

I would say you made a good trade. Good. luck with it.
Old August 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Grand Member

(Berks County)

Thats what I'm thinking. Can't think of a much better way to learn to shoot a rifle than with a single shot bolt action. Rush the shot and you just gotta reload that much sooner lol.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 12:42 AM

johnsonator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
The guy I got it from said there was something wrong with it because he couldn't get the bolt to come out. My Google-fu found me the Marlin Collectors Association, it turns out the bolt isn't released with the trigger, you have to remove the stock to get at the bolt release, no external access to it. I ran out of shots on the disposable camera before I got to taking it apart to snap a few of the bolt release and trigger assembly.

Shes in perfect working order, still gonna get a friend that refinishes guns and does his own gunsmithing (except for any fabrication) to give it a once over before I fire it just to be safe.

Hello,
I happen to have the exact same rifle and I'm trying to find out how to relesae the bolt. I see that you have figured it out. Would you mind sharing the details? I've removed the stock and still am at a loss.

Thanks
Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:08 AM

johnsonator is on a distinguished road

Posted too soon. I figured it out. Apparently there is a little spring loaded lever exposed after you remove the stock. Push it down with your fingernail and the bolt slides out. Here is a picture that shows the Bolt Stop, Bolt Stop Pin and Bolt Stop Spring. Images 3,4,5.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/schemzoom.asp?schem=082Zz122