Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Applying for my FFL

I am applying for my FFL next week. Not getting any license for class 3 or manufacturing, just the basic stuff (transferring, buying, selling, shipping). Anything i should be expecting or should know that is not explained on form 7?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Applying for my FFL

Klinton added zoning law compliance to the BATF's bag of tricks to get us kitchen-table dealers out of business.
    Be sure you are business-licensed and zoned correctly and can prove it if asked - or can easily get the variances to any local zoning restrictions - so that you can ostensibly open your "storefront".
    In quotes as it doesn't have to be a storefront in the traditional sense of the word.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

While i dont wish bad on anyone, i am very curious about your business model. The land of milk and honey for gun dealers is a thing of the past right now. Judging from the crazy shit i have seen in your other threads, i think you might be setting yourself up for failure.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    While i dont wish bad on anyone, i am very curious about your business model. The land of milk and honey for gun dealers is a thing of the past right now. Judging from the crazy shit i have seen in your other threads, i think you might be setting yourself up for failure.
    Can't speak to his past threads, but the chicken thread is the stuff of legend; the pic of the gal - like she was expecting an egg to explode out the chicken's ass in her face - priceless.

Regardless, don't envy anyone trying to feed a family on an FFL's take in this day and age and with competition from Classic, Coles, Buds Guns, Auctionarms, et al, etc.. You'll mostly be doing $20.00 xfers.

Good luck!
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

How much will you charge for work done on a $700 Rifle gun shooty thingy..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Mercer County)

I'm not opening a gun store. I'm not getting it to make a living on whatsoever. I have a EIN and TIN to register myself as a business but realistically I'm getting my FFL to do the occasional transfer for friends, family, local pafoa members who don't want pay $35 for transfer. So I can have guns shipped to me and ship guns without going through a shop. So I can buy guns and not pay a ffl fee.
    My lady's father is doing the application with me since you can put 2 names on the license so you figure if I buy 3 guns and avoid paying someone else's ffl fee the license will pay for itself at that point. I'll do $15 transfers for ppl but I'm not going to advertise or try to make a lot of money because I'm content with the money I'm making and rather spend time with my family than worry about making money.

I will be doing all state regulations to when it comes to transfers. I will definitely not be stupid and set myself up for a lawsuit or sell/transfer to someone I am not 100% confidant with no doubt that the gun I'm transferring will be used properly and not be a danger to theirselves or people around them. If your shady, irresponsible, have little knowledge of gun safety, or any type of felony or violent criminal record I will not be transferring you a firearm. If you don't like it tough, I refuse to have any responsibilty in crime or accident that i may of been able to prevent. I will go through pics system

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    I'm not opening a gun store. I'm not getting it to make a living on whatsoever. I have a EIN and TIN to register myself as a business but realistically I'm getting my FFL to do the occasional transfer for friends, family, local pafoa members who don't want pay $35 for transfer. So I can have guns shipped to me and ship guns without going through a shop. So I can buy guns and not pay a ffl fee.
    My lady's father is doing the application with me since you can put 2 names on the license so you figure if I buy 3 guns and avoid paying someone else's ffl fee the license will pay for itself at that point. I'll do $15 transfers for ppl but I'm not going to advertise or try to make a lot of money because I'm content with the money I'm making and rather spend time with my family than worry about making money.

I will be doing all state regulations to when it comes to transfers. I will definitely not be stupid and set myself up for a lawsuit or sell/transfer to someone I am not 100% confidant with no doubt that the gun I'm transferring will be used properly and not be a danger to theirselves or people around them. If your shady, irresponsible, have little knowledge of gun safety, or any type of felony or violent criminal record I will not be transferring you a firearm. If you don't like it tough, I refuse to have any responsibilty in crime or accident that i may of been able to prevent. I will go through pics system

I think you are going to find that getting a good relationship with a reputable dealer in your area is going to be much cheaper in the long run, than trying to get an FFL.

(Indiana County)

The atf frowns upon applying for a license to enhance your own collection.

Good luck in getting set up with the large wholesalers with no storefront.

I have other comments that I will post later when I have my computer in front of me.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    I think you are going to find that getting a good relationship with a reputable dealer in your area is going to be much cheaper in the long run, than trying to get an FFL.
    100 bucks each for 2 ppl for a license. Plus I already have a TIN and EIN. That's way cheaper than multiple transfers. And flathead the ATF don't ask questions like that. Form 7 is very simple. It's basically a super background check and what type of license your applying for. It doesn't even require a business. It has option for individuals.

Im not doing this to cheat the system or do anything illegal in any way. I know I won't be able to get good prices directly from manufactures. I don't want to make much money i actual prefer to make under $600 a year because I don't want to have to deal with business income taxes. I'm just a guy who loves guns and I would like to have my ffl. If it costs me more money in the end its whatever, if I make some money it's cool.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast