Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old May 25th, 2008, 01:24 AM

agentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Places To Shop for your Firearms in Fayette County

Fayette County Offers Some Good Places to Shop if you are in the market for some new or pre-owned firearms.

Reese Warehouse
Smithfield, PA

Offers a wide variety or handgun, rifle, ammo and supplies at good prices, I have purchased four different handguns there and they always give me a good deal. They even offer lay away and accept trades on some firearms. They also boast to be the largest stocking gun dealer in Western PA, which I believe because eveytime Ive ever asked to see something there they have had it in stock.

Woodlands World
Uniontown, PA

Set right in downtown on Main Street, Woodlands stocks many types of rifles and handguns as well as all kinds of hunting, fishing and outdoor supplies. They also have really good prices on all the firearms that they sell and sometimes have som pretty unique things as well.

If anyone else has any good input on good deals or places to shop in Fayette County feel free to share.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old June 15th, 2008, 10:27 PM

(McKean County)
O.C. 4 U is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Places To Shop for your Firearms in Fayette County

I don't know if it's still there, but when I lived in Uniontown 8 years ago I bought a number of guns at Pennsylvania Police Supply in Chalk Hill.
It is (or was) a class 3 dealer along route 40 on the way to Ohiopyle. The people there were always nice and their prices weren't too bad either.
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:13 AM

agentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond reputeagentw0 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they are still there
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM

(Fayette County)
bowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond repute

I think the two you suggested are high priced. If you go up the mountain drop in @ Chalk Hill Police. Lots of great deals.
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowkillpa View Post
I think the two you suggested are high priced. If you go up the mountain drop in @ Chalk Hill Police. Lots of great deals.
Very true, I have bought several Hand Guns there
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:41 AM

(Washington County)
bloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant future

Don't forget your one-stop shop for everything. Elmo's in Brownsville - www.elmos.com.

They sell guns, pizza, beer, computers, coffee, and they have an internet cafe! Everything a growing boy needs.

Vince

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:19 PM

(Fayette County)
bowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond reputebowkillpa has a reputation beyond repute

How funny they even have a website. I work down the river (BMP 1 mile down from Elmo's) and never looked around Elmo's. Need to stop in and check it out. By the way I heard you walk through th echurch to get to the guns???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomautomatic View Post
Don't forget your one-stop shop for everything. Elmo's in Brownsville - www.elmos.com.

They sell guns, pizza, beer, computers, coffee, and they have an internet cafe! Everything a growing boy needs.

Vince
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Grand Member

HiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond reputeHiredGoon has a reputation beyond repute

The Chalk Hill store is Pennsylvania Police Supply. It's now owned by Witmer Associates, Inc. who operate OfficerStore.com.

From their website:

"On October 1, 2005 Witmer Associates, Inc. acquired Pennsylvania Police Supply of Chalk Hill, PA. Pennsylvania Police Supply is known throughout the state as the leading provider of law enforcement equipment and supplies. This acquisition allowed OfficerStore.com to rapidly expand the wide variety of products available"

I've done business with them several times.
Old October 11th, 2008, 09:11 PM

(Washington County)
bloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant futurebloomautomatic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowkillpa View Post
By the way I heard you walk through th echurch to get to the guns???
The building is a former church. Not sure where the gun section is situated.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have a website. They started selling computers back in the 80's.

Vince

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA
Old October 11th, 2008, 10:03 PM

(Fayette County)

Then you must no Leo? I've recently bought my Colt, Sig, and Jerico with great deals. Those guys ( Chalk Hill) are great to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
The Chalk Hill store is Pennsylvania Police Supply. It's now owned by Witmer Associates, Inc. who operate OfficerStore.com.

From their website:

"On October 1, 2005 Witmer Associates, Inc. acquired Pennsylvania Police Supply of Chalk Hill, PA. Pennsylvania Police Supply is known throughout the state as the leading provider of law enforcement equipment and supplies. This acquisition allowed OfficerStore.com to rapidly expand the wide variety of products available"

I've done business with them several times.