Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Fayettsville Shooting?

Anyone else read about the shooting Christmas Day in Fayettsville? Sounds like someone broke in to a home Christmas morning and shot someone. Then the homeowner killed him and is arrested?

Default Re: Fayettsville Shooting?

Here is a link
    http://fox43.com/2013/12/26/homeowne...#axzz2ogvFhKxB

The article is very confusing to read though.

Edited to add new link http://www.ldnews.com/crime/ci_24796...hased-would-be
    The link above is much better written and more thorough. The situation sounds like a complete mess. All three people have criminal records
    Last edited by hog45; December 27th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

(Cumberland County)

I heard about it on the radio.

Apparently what happened was the burglar busted in the house with an "assault rifle" which resulted in a fight with the robber.

The robber and one of the occupants go into a tussle but the occupant ended up getting shot.

A second occupant managed to wrestle the rifle out of the burglar's hand and shooting him with it.

The second occupant is the one being charged with murder since the burglar was killed.

This is what they said on the radio anyways. The article says that the perp dropped his rifle and the second occupant picked it up and used it to shoot the guy in the back. Oh well!

I mean I get where the charges are coming from. It is kind of wrong to just shoot someone after they may have given up, but to be honest I could give two shits. The guy came busting into another's home and if the homeowner manages to kick your ass and take your gun away well if they play judge jury and executioner before the cops get there then so be it. Shouldn't of come busting into another's home and shoot one of them, and if you somehow lose that fight get your face blown off by your own gun.
    Last edited by Kabloosh; December 27th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.

(Tioga County)

The suspect expired in the course of committing a felony and when he refused to surrender and appeared to be pulling a gun from his waistband was shot. Sounds like a fair shoot to me. The fact the homeowner/resident was a poor shot and got him in the back is irrelevant.

(Perry County)

What's going to hang him is that he failed to call 911 and report the home invasion and shooting. He took the time to load the rifle with his own cartridges and told those in attendance that he was going to shoot the guy. Then he hunted him for thirty minutes until he did what he said he was going to do.

Going to be very hard to argue imminent threat given the circumstances. I predict a lengthy prison sentence for the shooter.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    What's going to hang him is that he failed to call 911 and report the home invasion and shooting. He took the time to load the rifle with his own cartridges and told those in attendance that he was going to shoot the guy. Then he hunted him for thirty minutes until he did what he said he was going to do.

Going to be very hard to argue imminent threat given the circumstances. I predict a lengthy prison sentence for the shooter.
    That reloading story seems fishy. He appears to be a gun owner. Any gun owner would naturally reach for his own gun and not reload the other guy's gun.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    I heard about it on the radio.

Apparently what happened was the burglar busted in the house with an "assault rifle" which resulted in a fight with the robber.

The robber and one of the occupants go into a tussle but the occupant ended up getting shot.

A second occupant managed to wrestle the rifle out of the burglar's hand and shooting him with it.

The second occupant is the one being charged with murder since the burglar was killed.

This is what they said on the radio anyways. The article says that the perp dropped his rifle and the second occupant picked it up and used it to shoot the guy in the back. Oh well!

I mean I get where the charges are coming from. It is kind of wrong to just shoot someone after they may have given up, but to be honest I could give two shits. The guy came busting into another's home and if the homeowner manages to kick your ass and take your gun away well if they play judge jury and executioner before the cops get there then so be it. Shouldn't of come busting into another's home and shoot one of them, and if you somehow lose that fight get your face blown off by your own gun.
    What the Heck, this guy thinks he is cop or something? Now theyre really going to make an example out of him.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    What the Heck, this guy thinks he is cop or something? Now theyre really going to make an example out of him.
    Cops aren't really suppose to hunt down and kill fugitives which is apparently what this guy did which kind of makes sense why he now has murder charges on his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

Bingo.. that seems to be like the missing link in all of this.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    That reloading story seems fishy. He appears to be a gun owner. Any gun owner would naturally reach for his own gun and not reload the other guy's gun.
    He could probably justify picking up the invaders rifle and giving chase. He could say he was looking to protect his wounded houseguest, who had chased the invader out.

But then he returned to the house, got his own bullets and reloaded the rifle, and announced "I'll shoot that $@&?&@$ with his own rifle". Then he went back out and shot the invader with his own rifle. Then he called 911.

I do not think he will do as well in court as Zimmerman did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast