Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Scope Suggestions Please

I figured that it was a TRS, but wasn't sure. Not too many people have been able to have an LRS in their hands unless they ordered them preproduction. I haven't gotten to look through a TRS yet, but it was what got my attention and then I heard about the LRS. I've heard of a few users having minor issues with the TRS that Millett has been happy to fix, replace or refund on these scopes. I have heard people say that the LRS glass is quite a bit better than the TRS, but I can't verify that because I haven't looked through a TRS, just the LRS.

(Monroe County)

I am not sure that this one is the TRS though, on the millett web site, its listed under the buck gold series. I have the TRS-1 on my DPMS SASS, I never really thought much to compare the two. The TRS I have does have the illuminated reticle, but is a 4-16x50 where this one is the 6-25x56 both are 30mm tubes though. Now I am kind of curiouse as to see which on of the two I have is clearer lol. Going to have to set them up side by side and see.

Wow, that's really interesting. I didn't look at the link you posted too closely because I know that the LRS and TRS are part of the Buck Gold series. The side of my LRS says Buck Gold LRS-1 6-25x 56mm objective side focus 35mm tube. That's really interesting because your scope is kind of in between in that it has some features of both. Do the knobs look exactly like mine and do they have the hashes to counter the verticle revolutions of the knobs? That's pretty interesting and not something that I had looked at closely. What reticle do you have in it?

(Monroe County)

The knobs look identical except that mine does not have the locks on them. And my reticle is different. Your reticle is the same as my TRS I believe aside from mine being illuminated on the TRS. I just took some camparison pictures. Ill post them up in a few mins.

(Monroe County)

Ok, not the greatest pictures but they should do. There seem to be a couple of differences between this one and the LRS, Reticle is different that the LRS, LRS is 35MM tube and this one is 30MM, LRS has locks on windage and elevation knobs, and the LRS adjusts in 1/4 MOA and this one adjusts in 1/8 MOA.
    This is the rifle from the other picture

This is the TRS-1 with the illuminated reticle. I know we were talking about the LRS but I thought I would throw these up just for comparison sake.

Hope I didn't go off topic to much, hopefully this is usable information.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the photos Longshot!

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: Scope Suggestions Please

my opinion is that if your looking for a good ar scoop look at the trigicon line they make some great ar products

(Pike County)

Talking Re: Scope Suggestions Please

I have a Colt lightweight in .223 and I mounted a Zeiss on it,is an old scope but it works beautiful on my rifle,mine isn't a flattop,I have another configuration for it,a tri rail mount with a tasco pro point red dot in 30 mm,bsa laser and surefire flashlight,it all depends on what you want to do with it,leupold,swarovski,zeiss,leica,nikon,millet,ther e are tons of good scopes,I hope you get the best that suits your demands..........
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123