Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default What is your explanation of the ammo situation?

Every argument I have had with the anti gun people always leads to pricing ammo sky high to make the 2nd Amendment irrelevant even if it stays. Are their certain hands behind the scene who are actually doing it? Why have prices soared so much?

(Indiana County)

Default Re: What is your explanation of the ammo situation?

The DHS has 1.2 billion rounds on hand/ordered.

Liberals open their mouths after Sandy Hook, panic buying commences.

Now you have welfare bums sitting at Walmart in the AM while the rest of us are at our jobs snatching up whatever they put out on the shelves.
    They then post the ammo for sale at 3X the cost.
    I'm all for capitalism, but this is not what this is. These people are trying to sell but I really don't believe anyone is paying $50+ for a brick of Blazer .22.
    These goons are buying to resell but are ending up sitting on it and constantly bumping their ads.
    Pennswoods is a perfect example, as are some of the classifieds here.
    This is keeping the shelves bare at least to some extent.

The next is the hoarder/prepper that already has plenty but due to some mental malfunction simply cannot walk past a box of ammo sitting on a shelf without buying it.
    They have no need to add it to their stash at home, but their minds have told them that they need to get it before anyone else.

I call these people modern day Leprechauns.
    Sitting in their dark basements counting their ammo cans and grinning that they got the last brick of .22 or last box of 9mm in Walmart or Cabelas.

I have walked past plenty of boxes on the shelves at walamart, I left them there because I felt that I really didn't need to add another 150 rounds to my pile of 5000 9mm already at home.
    I have come to the conclusion that this is the wrong attitude, people cheer those that buy for no reason other than because it is there.

So in effect, selfishness, Liberalism and government hoarding are the problem.

Hokkmike Guest

Gun is useless without ammo. (I know you knew that) People are afraid the supply will dry up or think it will be heavily taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    The DHS has 1.2 billion rounds on hand/ordered.

Liberals open their mouths after Sandy Hook, panic buying commences.

Now you have welfare bums sitting at Walmart in the AM while the rest of us are at our jobs snatching up whatever they put out on the shelves.
    They then post the ammo for sale at 3X the cost.
    I'm all for capitalism, but this is not what this is. These people are trying to sell but I really don't believe anyone is paying $50+ for a brick of Blazer .22.
    These goons are buying to resell but are ending up sitting on it and constantly bumping their ads.
    Pennswoods is a perfect example, as are some of the classifieds here.
    This is keeping the shelves bare at least to some extent.

The next is the hoarder/prepper that already has plenty but due to some mental malfunction simply cannot walk past a box of ammo sitting on a shelf without buying it.
    They have no need to add it to their stash at home, but their minds have told them that they need to get it before anyone else.

I call these people modern day Leprechauns.
    Sitting in their dark basements counting their ammo cans and grinning that they got the last brick of .22 or last box of 9mm in Walmart or Cabelas.

I have walked past plenty of boxes on the shelves at walamart, I left them there because I felt that I really didn't need to add another 150 rounds to my pile of 5000 9mm already at home.
    I have come to the conclusion that this is the wrong attitude, people cheer those that buy for no reason other than because it is there.

So in effect, selfishness, Liberalism and government hoarding are the problem.
    Have you checked gunbroker recently? It has been selling for $50 for the last couple months

Sadly people are paying the prices and more Blazer $80.00 brick and $15.00 shipping.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=331753074

(Indiana County)

Then there you go, welfare bums selling Walmart ammo and idiots that are buying it are part of the problem.

I was figuring nobody was that stupid, seems I was incorrect, gunowners are in fact that stupid.
    Buying bricks of .22 for $80 is why there is the shortage then, people are just plain stupid.

(Armstrong County)

Actually, this goes back 2yrs ago. When was the last time you purchased IMI, PPU, Privi, or South African ammo? I can tell you it was almost 2yrs ago.

When our Congress past Continuing Federal Resolution CFR:22. There was this little provision handing over the importation of "Materials of War" to the Department of State. Well in the succeeding months guess what was classified as a "Material of War"? You guessed it Ammunition!! All importation of Ammunition was stopped at the behest of the Whitehouse.

We then were relying on strictly domestic ammunition manufacturing for all and any sporting ammunition. This was adequate for a while, until Sandy Hook and all the gun control talk.

The topper on all this is the domestic manufacturing estimated they will not be able to complete current GODvernment contracts till August 2014.

So you suckers that didn't stockup, you'll have to pay more or don't shoot!!!

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Crawford County)

Panic buyers, scalpers and hoarders....that about sums it up.

Oh and the US dollar has lost 50% of its value in the past ten years. Gasolene hasn't "doubled" in price in the last ten years, your dollar lost 1/2 its purchasing power making appear as if it doubled....same applies to ammo or anything else.

Panic price buyers = stupid.

Panic price sellers = making money.

Panic speculators = grumpy.

Are you really going to sit here, in the United States of America, and criticize someone for going out and buying a brick of .22LR for $26.00 in Pennsylvania, and selling it online for $80.00 to someone in say Arizona the next day? Meanwhile you have no problem going to a restaurant and paying $5.99 for a burger that cost someone .50 cents to make. You buy low, sell high. Is someone forcing these people to pay those prices? I mean come on man... Open your eyes. You're angry because you can't get what you want, period. Don't start belittling people and telling them they're "the problem."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast