Given that criminals troll threads like this, try to keep any specific information that could help them from being posted; speak in generalities if possible.

All that being said, in 2011 we had a burglary and I had guns stolen. After that incident, security became a year long project I undertook. We now have multiple cameras recording 24/7 in and around the house. We have outside lights which are motion activated. Walk into the beam, set off the lights, and be recorded. Also in the house are motion sensors on every floor. The system also has redundancies....if the phone line is cut (a favorite trend of criminals now) we have cell phone backup which will call the police. We have a backup generator which kicks on automatically if the power goes out to keep the system running. We have other things too which I will not mention here.

All that being said, I am always looking for good ideas from others and what they are doing in regards to their security. So as much as you can share, I would be curious of any innovative ideas you might be employing.