Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM

(Montgomery County)
DjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond reputeDjfunkmasterG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movie Mistakes with Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzz View Post
Apparently everyone in that show is an expert marksman. Even the 12 year old can make head shots at 50 yards from a speeding car on a bumpy dirt road.

I love the show but that part always bothers me.
The DAWN of the DEAD remake was probably the worst offender of this with the character of Michael (Jake Weber) he and Mekhi Pfifer's character are about to open a door to let people in the mall, they get outside and suddenly Michael, who was a Best Buy employee prior to the zombie uprising suddenly is an expert marksman.

While the film didn't show it, I am sure Ving Rhames character as a police officer gave them some basic firearms what and what not to do, but even the first time I picked a up a gun I was nowhere near as accurate as he was when they were plugging zombies out where the truck parked in the loading dock.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM

(Montgomery County)
Don Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond repute

Not a movie, but I was reading a James Patterson book, and the Lt. "strapped on a Glock" before going out and 2 paragraphs later she "clicked the safety off her 9mm"
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:41 PM

(Northampton County)
ronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching a movie on Netflix last night and a guy with a Sig (?) shot two rounds after the slide was locked back. The movie was so good I can't remember the name. It had Gary Busie as some militia leader, serial killer being chased by the FBI. I had to turn it off.
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Master Member

(Lancaster County)
streaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond reputestreaker69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo1012 View Post
I was watching a movie on Netflix last night and a guy with a Sig (?) shot two rounds after the slide was locked back. The movie was so good I can't remember the name. It had Gary Busie as some militia leader, serial killer being chased by the FBI. I had to turn it off.
This sounds like it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117433/

Old February 27th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Banned

(York County)
justashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond reputejustashooter has a reputation beyond repute

2007 Death Of A President, a little known canadian film depicting in documentary style the events surrounding the assasination of GWB, released while he was still in office as POTUS. talk about bad taste. no wonder why it was not released in USA...

the AR-15 style rifle used in the film is shown in close-up enuf to read the manufacturer. turns out it was a japanese made air rifle. canadians can't get the real thing, i guess.

the film was made by anti-American rag head lovers, so you can imagine. worth a watch just to see how hard the anti-Americans are pushing...

http://www.tubeplus.me/player/130279...f_a_President/
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Grand Member

Grey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond repute

In "The Green Berets" the rifle that John Wayne smashes against a tree after Jim Hutton is killed is a Mattel toy.
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Grand Member

(Washington County)
Shodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond reputeShodan has a reputation beyond repute

Not gun related but in the same vein, every time the scene changes in a western, more often than not there's a hawk screeching.
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:43 PM

(Westmoreland County)
ScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond reputeScotsGuards has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
In "The Green Berets" the rifle that John Wayne smashes against a tree after Jim Hutton is killed is a Mattel toy.
It wasn't after Jim Hutton's charactor was killed, it was just after Mike Henry's charactor was killed.

I love that movie BTW, but it has sooo many bad bits in it. The best is at the end when John Wayne is on the beach with the little orphan kid. The sun is setting in the EAST!.
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Grand Member

Grey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond reputeGrey Bearded One has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
It wasn't after Jim Hutton's charactor was killed, it was just after Mike Henry's charactor was killed.
I stand corrected.

Quote:
The sun is setting in the EAST!.
I always figured that they were on the west coast of Vietnam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg south-east-asia-map.jpg (60.3 KB, 11 views)
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:57 PM

(Montgomery County)
Don Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond reputeDon Quixote has a reputation beyond repute

More fail from the same book I cited in previous post.

The bad guy uses a PSG1 sniper rifle, the coroner tells the investigating office that the bullet was a .40 cal.