Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old December 20th, 2006, 10:10 AM

greyhouse is on a distinguished road
Default Where to buy AK47

What is the best place to buy an AK47 around Berks County? Somewhere around $300-$400 would be preferred.

I don't want a high end AK, but I would like to get a good deal on a quality AK.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 20th, 2006, 01:16 PM

(Bucks County)
DrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond reputeDrakinClaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to buy AK47

Best bang for your buck, go with a Romanian. Good price, around 300-350, for the quality.
Old December 20th, 2006, 01:31 PM

(Lancaster County)
snuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond reputesnuffy19608 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, lets see...

You can try Backwoods Outfitters in Columbia,Lancaster County,Tom usually has a few in stock. You want to look at the WASR-10's because they sometimes have canted front sight bases. He also has some used stuff occasionally- got both my AK's that way. Call him at 717-684-2017 and ask what's in stock.

You can call Trout Run at 717-738-2525 (?) and see what they have- they're in Ephrata.

I have heard that Guntraders on Rt. 61 has some milsurps, don't know if they stock AK's or not.

You can also go online at aimsurplus.com and get a WASR-10 shipped to your FFL for under $400 I believe.

Hope this helps.
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:43 PM

(Berks County)
billy870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond reputebilly870m9 has a reputation beyond repute

well for the 300 -400 range i know...well i hate to say it but cabellas has them new, gun traders bairly has anything, and gun gallery will be too much......i think i saw some at french creek outfitters a while ago but they were used.....gun shows would rpolly be the best place to get them....
Old November 17th, 2007, 08:48 AM

(Berks County)
AR-15 BUILDER is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Where to buy AK47

If you find an AK at an online auction,I would be glad to do the paper work for you
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:50 PM

(Lancaster County)
Punisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond reputePunisher has a reputation beyond repute

sniper country px is gonna be the best place - i highly recommend - just go to the website http://www.snipercountrypx.com/c-169...pe-rifles.aspx

they're located in pottstown. just give them a call to order and pick it up at the shop - they have a huge warehouse full of guns and all they have to do is pull the order - takes about 2-3 days. They'll give you the best price available.

trout run rarely has ak47's.

Punisher
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Grand Member

XD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond reputeXD45 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
sniper country px is gonna be the best place - i highly recommend - just go to the website http://www.snipercountrypx.com/c-169...pe-rifles.aspx

they're located in pottstown. just give them a call to order and pick it up at the shop - they have a huge warehouse full of guns and all they have to do is pull the order - takes about 2-3 days. They'll give you the best price available.

trout run rarely has ak47's.

Punisher
never have dealt with them, but a big +1 so far for those prices
Old November 18th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
Shawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond reputeShawn.L has a reputation beyond repute

The OP was a year ago. Did you ever find your AK? What did you get?

I'm thinking of selling my yugo m70 underfolder in furthaerance of my swithching sides on the AR/AK front to fund my AR build.
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:19 PM

(Berks County)
AR-15 BUILDER is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Where to buy AK47

I should be getting a few Romanian AK's with bayonet and 2 30 rd mags in a couple weeks.Iam hoping I can get a few at the old price there has been a price increase from Century.
Price should be around $400.00
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:48 PM

(Berks County)
solar 2012 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am looking to buy a new or used AK47. I know there are many variations of the AK. I am looking for something basic and inexpensive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have not used a rifle in more then thirty years. I used an M14 in basic training at Parris Island and Camp Lejeune in 1971, after that I was issued an M16.

I do not have much money to spend but I want to express my support of the second amendment by owning a firearm. Itís becoming more apparent every day that if we donít show active support of our rights by actively using them, we will soon lose them.