Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Whats the current ammo situation at Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Back to the Wmart ammo topic - does anyone else write the date/store/price paid on any of their ammo?
    Yesterday morning, store #4687 received thirty (30) boxes of Federal 9mm Luger 100 round value packs. At 5:30pm there were 5 boxes remaining. I could have purchased all 5 but I do not desperately need that many and someone else might need them more.

Price was the same as always, the sticker on the shelf the same as it has ben for months; $19.97.

All the price stickers were unchanged.

I kept two boxes and sold one to my buddy at cost.

Well I just had a good experience at the Springfield Walmart in Delco.

I sometimes forget they have ammo. I was driving by and decided to see what the had. Went in and saw 1 box of 9mm and several boxes of .45acp. About 7 boxes of the WWB for $40, a bunch of the blue Serbian ammo $20 for 50, and a Bunch of Remington .45acp.

I looked around and could not find anybody, I called the front and asked them to send somebody to the ammo case with keys. about a minute later a pretty blond shows up asking if I am the guy looking for ammo.

I grabbed the box of 9mm and 2 boxes of .45 acp and went to pay for it. Got to talking to her and turns out she is a shooter. She has a .22 and a 9mm that her dad just gave her. Talked guns with her for about 5 minutes. It was pretty cool getting someone that knew something about guns and shooting.

So if anyone in the Delco area is looking for .45acp, as of 7:00 Thursday they have plenty.

(Cumberland County)

There's no limit to the amount of ground beef I can buy, nor frozen chicken nuggets, Fruit of the Looms, deodorant, cat litter, motor oil, beef jerky, fish food, naughty panties, calendars, televisions, condoms, oranges, trash bags, light bulbs, watches, snow shovels, M&Ms, paint, diapers, furnace filters, seat covers, cell phones, permanent markers, lip gloss, windshield washer fluid, or Scotch tape.

Why then, should there be a limit on ammunition purchased?

From a retailer point of view it makes no sense to turn away money from a paying customer.
    From a "WHAAAHHH - it's not FAIR!" point of view though, it makes perfect sense.

Wmart is a business - they aren't there to distribute their merchandise "fairly" - if so, I'd NEVER have to worry that someone else bought ALL the cat litter at the best price in town, leaving me looking at an empty shelf.

DAMNIT! if only they limited cat litter to 2 buckets per person, per day, I wouldn't have to go look elsewhere for it - and pay more.
    I respect your opinion, but honest stores have a responsibility to be fair and take care of as many customers as they can. Lazy, uncaring businesses will get high demand product in and let the first person buy it all. Some don't like it, but that doesn't matter - it is the right thing to do. I respect my gunshop totally and although I would love to buy all his 223, respect that he limits to 2 boxes per customer. Just like I respect a store that only sells 2 ipads to customers at the holidays when they first come out so no loser comes in and buys them all and resells them - or a store that sells only a few cases of water to customers during a blood or disaster to try to help out as many as possible - just common courtesy and good business.

(Allegheny County)

Back to the Wmart ammo topic - does anyone else write the date/store/price paid on any of their ammo?

I write on anything that I think isn't going to be used up immediately.

Pulling it out of the ammo box a year or two later can give you a chuckle* when you see what you WERE paying for ammo back when you bought it.

It comes in handy for price comparisons too since it's hard to remember the prices paid for multiple calibers.

*or make you sick to your stomach.
    I'll usually take a picture of Walmart's ammo twice a year to compare prices. They are usually the same. Only a few cents difference most the time. I remember when they first came out with the 100rd Federal .45ACP and they were selling it for like $25.97 which was a hell of a deal. I bought a couple and went back the next day and they went up $4. Some of my ammo from the gun shows is marked and it is surprising how much some of it went up. I was buying .38 rounds for $21, the next year they were $22 so I bought some more, this year they were $29 and I didn't buy any. When I asked the guy about it he said I was the only one who said anything to him about the price increase. His prices went up so he had to raise them for his customers.

(Allegheny County)

I think I have an old (empty) 20 rd box of Federal Hydrashok 9mm around with a $12 price tag on it.

I just googled and see that it sells for around $20 now.

(Westmoreland County)

FYI to anyone local to Irwin - Bouldins has plenty of ammo at good prices. They also have glock mags. A few 22 rounders left too. No ARs though. Unsure on .223 also.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Well I just had a good experience at the Springfield Walmart in Delco.

I sometimes forget they have ammo. I was driving by and decided to see what the had. Went in and saw 1 box of 9mm and several boxes of .45acp. About 7 boxes of the WWB for $40, a bunch of the blue Serbian ammo $20 for 50, and a Bunch of Remington .45acp.

I looked around and could not find anybody, I called the front and asked them to send somebody to the ammo case with keys. about a minute later a pretty blond shows up asking if I am the guy looking for ammo.

I grabbed the box of 9mm and 2 boxes of .45 acp and went to pay for it. Got to talking to her and turns out she is a shooter. She has a .22 and a 9mm that her dad just gave her. Talked guns with her for about 5 minutes. It was pretty cool getting someone that knew something about guns and shooting.

So if anyone in the Delco area is looking for .45acp, as of 7:00 Thursday they have plenty.
    Is this the one near the Marple movie theater? I didn't realize they sold ammo. I always hit the Glenolden, Eddystone, or Conchester walmarts. They have any 38 special in stock?

http://forum.pafoa.org/ammunition-re...ries-ammo.html

Just noticed your thread here. Nice, no longer driving all over Delco for ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Is this the one near the Marple movie theater? I didn't realize they sold ammo. I always hit the Glenolden, Eddystone, or Conchester walmarts. They have any 38 special in stock?
    I did not notice any, but was not looking either.

(Allegheny County)

wwb 9mm walmart west mifflin 23.97 box of 100 bought two six left

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast